Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by an international Engineering, Environmental and Maritime company to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil & Marine Project Engineer
- Receive project enquiries and prepare proposals for civil infrastructure consultancy projects (mostly maritime based) while providing technical guidance and administrative support to the team.
- Compile project reports, programmes budgets and forecasts;
- Work hours as required for the project, typically five days / week.
- Adhere to all set deadlines with overall responsibility for the design outputs from the work programmes you have responsibility for.
- Ensure design team deliver required services (drawings, specifications, estimating packs) on time and to cost/quality standards.
- Ensure minimum asset standards are adhered to and design criteria of the client applied to the solutions.
- Undertake the principal designer duties on behalf of the company, ensuring the design teams comply with stated specifications.
- Ensure environmental compliance within the design team, no pollutions or incidents through planned work systems and construction drawings details restrictions and mitigation measures.
- Develop & drive the implementation of the Alliance’s technical efficiency strategies and standard products.
- Ensure technical resources are managed effectively by working with the programme area manager and integrated projects leader to co-ordinate design resource.
- Ensure design teams adopt and make effective use of standard products.
- Ensure required quality checking/approval procedures are carried out.
- Develop simple, effective technical delivery processes to improve the production of design deliverables to time/cost/quality.
- Ensure consistency with the other programme areas where appropriate.
- Work with various parties to provide the leadership that will make the technical delivery within the Alliance industry-leading.
- Mentor and develop the design team.
- Escalate any potential issues to the engineering manager before they become problems, and work with them to resolve.
- Provide a short report for the engineering manager to present as a monthly update on technical delivery.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field. Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years experience as a design manager preferably in maritime
- Thorough background in design and management of civil infrastructure consultancy works.
- Ability to lead the design office team responsible for bidding and design of civil infrastructure consultancy works, mostly with a maritime emphasis.
- Ability to lead a small team and providing technical guidance.
- Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent people management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Good leadership and team building skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted.