Laboratory Intern Recruitment at MSH – Niger, Sokoto, Kwara, Zamfara
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Laboratory Intern I
Job ID: 13-10702
Locations: Niger, Sokoto, Kwara, Zamfara
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A512 – Nigeria CaTSS
Reports To: Laboratory Specialist
- The key objective for the intern is to support the State Field Office Team in providing laboratory program activities and profiling laboratory innovations from the field office in reports.
- Under the tutelage of the Laboratory Systems Specialist, the Intern will provide the technical support for the Care And Treatment for Sustained Support (CaTSS) laboratory program in the state in a manner that strategically support the maintenance and uninterrupted delivery of quality HIV/AIDS and TB care and treatment services integrated into the host state health system.
- This technical assistance will be provided in close collaboration with the Government of Nigeria (GoN) at the state, and local government levels in the State.
- He/She will assist the Laboratory Systems Specialist in tracking and reporting on optimization of Viral Load and EID (IVT) services, state government’s sustainability efforts, laboratory services integration and accreditation preparedness effort of selected health facilities within the State.
- Support in managing the state-specific database of laboratory activities, including but not limited to QA, EQA/PT, TB, CD4, IVT and Viral Load optimization activities by working closely with both Country and other Field Office technical staff.
- Coordinate sample (sputum, plasma, whole blood, DBS for both IVT and viral load) transportation through the National Integrated Sample Referral Network (NiSRN) from sites without equipment and from sites with unexpected equipment breakdown
- In collaboration with the State Laboratory Quality Management Task Team (SLQMTT), provide support for centralized HIV Rapid Test Quality Improvement Initiative (HIV RTQII), periodic testers’ evaluation, monitor corrective actions, track and document results
- Document key Laboratory activities from the State and share with both the State Office and Country Office Laboratory Teams. Liaise with the Country Office in identifying key successes and originating draft success stories for reviews.
- Provide needed technical oversight over the laboratory services-related volunteers attached to supported facilities
- Provide support to facilities on data collection for monthly and quarterly reports and timely submission to Country Office
- Support the State Laboratory Quality Management Task Teams and health facilities on continuous quality improvement (CQI) programs. He/She will attend facility-based QI meetings
- Ensure that all MSH-supported laboratories carry out quality assurance functions, including but not limited to IQA, EQA and PT activities, and the availability of quality documents and records.
- Support facilities to ensure that laboratories implement GoN-approved diagnostic protocols, quality control procedures, significant biosafety, and biosecurity practices.
- Support in equipment maintenance and the availability of laboratory reagents and consumables to minimizes service interruption for all investigations.
- Support strong collaboration with the Laboratory Directorate in the SMOH, State Hospital Management Board/Bureau for increased state government ownership and funding for laboratory system improvements that lead to sustainability.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the STL.
Deadline: 25th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Application will only be considered if location is clearly stated.