The Eye Foundation Hospital was started in 1993 as a high tech specialist Eye hospital capable of providing services comparable to those obtainable abroad. It is the first and foremost indigenous eye practice in the country that runs a group practice with many sub specialized ophthalmologists.
Over the past 20 years, we have been helping with the fight against preventable blindness in Nigeria and West Africa, and have built partnerships with numerous organizations, various state governments and financial institutions. All of these with the aim of bringing better eye care to the poor, either through the Eye Foundation Hospital itself or it sister Charity hospitals- Deseret Community Vision Institute & Deseret Eye Center.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountant
- Preparation of monthly consolidated Balance Sheet and Cash-flow statement comprising the Head Office & all branches.
- Preparing and ensuring accuracy of information in the schedules to the accounts.
- Coordination of financial information from all branches and ensure they are in line with consolidated financials
- Liaising with other branches and entities to ensure accurate booking of all inter-company transactions and reconciliation of all inter-company accounts.
- Monitoring and Controlling of Prepayments.
- Ensures Financial Accountant checks and validates all invoices for payments before he processes.
- Ensures necessary postings are done before payments promptly.
- Ensure all payments are processed timely and efficiently to meet up with scheduled payment days.
- Checks and validates payment memos/ invoices for correctness before approval is given for payment
- Send branches their respective transactions for posting and confirms this is done.
- Prepares monthly OPEX variance analysis report
- Forwards payment schedules to Head of Accounts for payments to be made to respective beneficiaries after checks are done.
- Work with Payables staff to ensure accuracy and correct treatment for entries.
- Liaising with external parties and auditors on matters relating to the accounts.
- Issuance of monthly reports for Management information
- Checking, preparation, verifying Invoices and other claims for settlement.
- Updating the General Ledger and Trial Balance by booking all relevant entries and monthly charge outs. Reconcile monthly intercompany balances. Ensuring outstanding un-reconciled items are not more than one month old. Drive completeness and accuracy of reconciliations. Follow through with outstanding items and ensure they are cleared.
- Generating the monthly consolidated Trial Balance and supporting Schedules.
- Management of all HMOs and receivables
- Management of Medical Services rendered in other non EFH/SML hospitals
- Collation of all HMO bills(including branches and services rendered in other non EFH/SML hospitals)
- Confirmation of HMO approved medical operations
- Verification, preparation and distribution of all HMO bills
- Monitoring of all receivables, and strict follow up to ensure credits agreements are kept.
- Weekly updates on all receivables are expected.
- Recovery of proceeds from HMO
- Perform other assigned duties as delegated by Head of Accounts.
- Any other assignment as may be assigned by the management.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum of 4 years experience as an Accountant.
- ICAN is required
- Must have B.Sc in Accounting.
Deadline: 21st June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of mail.