Latest Vacancies at Creative Associates International, 17th June, 2019
Creative Associates International is an international development firm focused on international development opportunities in Nigeria and the broader West African context, with offices in Abuja and Lagos. We also have a Nigerian-registered subsidiary, Crea Development Partners, in Abuja.
Creative Associates International (CAl) is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded bycompetitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigeria Program Manager
Req No: NIGER01583
Job Type: Full Time
- Creative Associates seeks a Nigeria Program Manager to guide program activities through the Activity Cycle, from concept to closure, working with and through multiple teams: Programs, Engineering, Grants, Procurement and Finance.
- The position will be based in the head program office, located in Abuja, with frequent travel and work expected to be carried out in the North East states of Borno, Yobe and Adamawa. The Program Manager will also ensure continued program collaboration with Creative Home Office in Washington DC.
Reporting & Supervision
- Reporting directly to the Chief of Party (COP), the Nigeria Program Manager will ensure that program activities are designed, implemented and completed in line with a fast-paced program strategy.
- S/he will closely coordinate with all program-related team members in Abuja and in field offices to ensure on-time and on-message delivery of activity and program aims. S/he will directly supervise the Grants Manager and Engineering Manager.
- Propose, put in place, and oversee mechanisms to ensure that activity development and implementation are in line with activity aims and program objectives, and drive continuous improvement in process and outcomes;
- Directly oversee the coordination mechanism between Grants, Engineering, Procurement and Program teams, ensuring activity development and clearance keeps pace with demand and remains compliant with program strategy and rules/regulations;
- Guide Community Development Facilitators (CDFs), Program Managers (PMs), and Grants Officers in activity development and design where necessary;
- Propose, put in place, and oversee mechanisms that support managers’ oversight of program implementation to ensure activities deliver to intention and to schedule, and drive continuous improvement in process and outcomes;
- Through managing the Grants Manager, oversee the function, effectiveness, and compliance of the Grants Department to ensure all activities are conceived, delivered, and closed in compliance with the approved Activity Cycle and Activity Manual Addendum;
- Through managing the Engineering Manager, oversee the function, effectiveness, and compliance of the Engineering Department to ensure the timely design and delivery of all engineering activities and compliance with prevailing environmental regulations;
- Review, revise and update Task Order-level environment monitoring and mitigation documentation as required;
- Oversee or directly maintain financial management tools and financial projections for program activity (Transition Activity Pool) spending;
- Advise the Senior Management Team, OTI, and HQ team on expected and actual commitments and expenditure and provide quality control on both cash requests and internal/external projections;
- Along with the COP, Operations Managers and Deputy Chief of Party-Programs, engage OTI counterparts to guide program strategy, including setting objectives, developing theories of change, and supporting program expansion if required;
- Conduct research to identify innovative technical solutions and providers to stabilization and transition activities. Typical areas include alternative construction technologies, off-grid energy generation and storage, mobile connectivity and mobile money, civil society capacity-building strategies, etc;
- Travel to field offices in Yobe, Borno and Adamawa to ensure that lessons (both operational and thematic) are consistently and practically applied into activity design and program operations, supporting state teams as needed; and
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the COP.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A Master’s degree and three (3) years of relevant professional experience, or a bachelor’s degree and five (5) years of relevant professional experience;
- A minimum of one (1) year of previous field-based experience working on complex, high-speed and challenging operations in transition environments as a Program Manager, Regional Program Manager (RPM), DCOP or other similar role;
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience, preferably in an international setting;
- Programming experience with a donor, contractor or international NGO managing an office or program with demonstrated supervisory experience of diverse field teams;
- Experience with activity and program design, strategy development, implementation, activity close-out and adaptive management;
- Experience with grant management;
- Exceptional written skills;
- Exceptional organization skills and ability to work and multi-task under pressure;
- Exceptional analysis, logical reasoning and presentation skills, enabling training and capacity building of team members;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with culturally and geographically diverse staff, fostering overall good dynamics within and between teams;
- Ability and willingness to travel to and work in Northeast Nigeria; and
- Fluency in written and oral English is required, with French language proficiency desired.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience with in-kind and small grants, preferably programs that require various and simultaneous procurements of goods and services and management of providers of short-term technical assistance.
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Job Title: Business Development Manager
- The Business Development Manager assists the CAl in developing new opportunities in Nigeria across diverse sectors.
- The Business Development Manager will be the primary point of contact for capture during information gathering assignments and will work closely with technical teams and partner organizations to develop and present top tier proposals.
Reporting & Supervision:
- This position, housed in Abuja, reports to Senior Advisor to SVP, Creative Associates, Washington, DC.
- The position regularly interacts and collaborates with partners and clients, and with Creative Associates International headquarters staff.
- Successfully supports business development efforts across all sectors and ensures the development of competitive technical and cost proposals.
- Builds the capacity of CAl staff to define and implement a winning capture strategy.
- Contributes to the creation and implementation of streamlined business development processes.
- Represents and positions CAl at external events, networking with partners and clients to gather information and promote the Creative brand.
- Analyze the competitive environment to determine competitiveness and support teaming strategy, leading to a more rigorous business decision making process;
- Oversee the early information gathering stages to qualify individual business development opportunities;
- Prepare and guide capture teams for information gathering assignments in the field and serve as a primary point of contact;
- Promote the adoption of CAl-supported approaches and structures to develop technical responses to diverse funding agencies procurements;
- Facilitate internal partner design sessions to develop an appropriate technical response;
- Contribute to the development of conceptual frameworks that clarify how all program components can be integrated into a single, coherent approach;
- Contribute to the development of technical proposals differentiators based on staffing, technical and management approaches, and teaming strategies;
- Support evaluation and interviews of potential long-term candidates for anticipated key personnel positions;
- Review proposals throughout the development process with an emphasis upon ensuring compliance and structure of the response;
- Serve as a technical proposal writer and/or editor (for any and all evaluation sections) as needed;
- Support the development, execution, and compliance of individual capture and proposal development budgets;
- Carry out after-action reviews and analyses for any unsuccessful proposals;
- Support internal requests for information related to CAl business development activities; Lead the capture and maintenance of knowledge management information for CAl; and
- Use knowledge management information to support Past Performance Reviews on proposals efforts
- Support CAl capture and proposal development efforts in diverse technical areas;
- Support initiatives to prepare targeting and new business strategies that align with CAIs Business Plan, to seek and develop new donor client relationships, and to ensure strategic marketing and positioning approaches by technical teams;
- Support CAl in carrying out the various elements of the Marketing Plan;
- Analyze client trends incorporate into technical proposal responses;
- Analyze the quality of CAl’s capture and proposal development pursuits to identify trends and promote best practices in future pursuits;
- Keep abreast of the various compliance needs of a diverse range of donor clients;
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required in International Development or a closely related field, Master’s preferred;
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in international development programming;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in business development;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a comprehensive Resume with a brief Cover Letter as ONE MS WORD document or PDF to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org specifying the position in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline 23rd June, 2019.
Note: Only finalist will be contacted please