Protege Management – Our client based in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Managing Director
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
- Our client is looking for a transformational intelligent, pro-active, experienced Managing Director
- The Managing Director will be responsible for the day to day running of the company and its strategic direction
- The Managing Director will be held accountable and also taking all important decisions for the company
- The Managing Director will report to the CEO and the Board of Directors.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Leading the company and ensuring all employees buy into the company vision.
- Setting the overall strategic direction of the company alongside the board.
- Planning and implementing long term business strategies to achieve the company’s objectives.
- Devising a 5-year plan and working with other board members to oversee its implementation.
- Meeting with the finance director on a regular basis to review the company’s financial performance.
- Interviewing for senior positions within the organisation and signing off offers of employment.
- Managing the direction of the company and guiding senior members of the company.
- Working closely with the Sales Director on sales strategy and approach to winning new business.
- Carrying out regular SWOT analysis to mitigate any potential risks through industry and market changes.
- Speaking at events and exhibitions on behalf of the company.
- Looking for opportunities to increase efficiencies and speed up processes across the business
- Implementing new processes and procedures across the business.
- Setting company-wide KPI’s to gauge company performance in all areas.
- Working closely with the Sales Director and Sales Team to land large accounts.
- Setting company budgets and forecasts alongside the finance director.
- Reporting results to the shareholders on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Analyzing opportunities for growth in market segments to drive profitability.
- Successions planning for senior members of the company to ensure all departments are managed continuously.
- Encourages innovative ideas from the employees and implement them for the benefit of the company.
- Plans attractive strategies to retain skilled, hard working and fruitful employees making sure that they are satisfied with the company.
- Must have a Degree in Business Administration, or a Master’s Degree will be added advantage
- 15 years cognitive experience
- Proven track record of successfully managing similar sized organisations.
- Target driven and results focused individual.
- Sales background
- Knowledge of the medical consumables sector
- Natural leader and motivator of people.
Typical Skills-Set Required:
- Visionary leadership
- Ability to motivate a workforce.
- Effective management and delegation.
- Communication and negotiation.
- PR and presentation skills.
- Understanding of a multi-faceted business operation.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Planning and forecasting.
- In depth knowledge of markets and changing business environments.
- Complex problem solving.
- Effective decision making.
Deadline: 12th June, 2019.