New Job at the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture, 28th June
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Aquaculture Advisory Services and Technology Outreach
Project ID No.: 2100155036067
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Job Type: Consultancy Services
Project: Worldfish Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Aquaculture Value Chain Compact
About the Project
- The WorldFish is implementing the TAAT Aquaculture Compact, financed through a grant from the African Development Bank toward the cost of the Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation (TAAT) Program and intends to apply part of the proceeds for this grant to facilitate payments under the contracts for the individual Consultant
- WorldFish now invites eligible individual Consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services.
- The Consultant is expected to review existing literatures on modern approaches to capacity building of extension workers, draw up all-inclusive training modules for the trainees, conduct training in line with the TOR, carry out outreach campaigns, facilitate and establish Innovation Platforms in collaboration with national partners and stakeholders.
- Others include to produce a comprehensive report at the end of training and make recommendations on ways of improving the project.
- The desired Consultant is expected to possess a Ph.D Degree in Fisheries Management, Agriculture Extension, Sustainable Development, Adult Education, Public Administration, and related fields with over 10 years proven experience in capacity development design and development, training of trainers and participatory extension;
- Performing similar or related roles preferably.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Interested and qualified candidates/Consultants must provide comprehensive Curriculum Vitae information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services, including a description of similar assignments done and experience in similar conditions. The Expressions of interest should be delivered to:
Attn: WorldFish Nigeria Office,
Professor Bernadette Tosan Fregene,
TAAT Aquaculture Compact Leader,
Room 31, Africa Rice Building,
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Headquarters & West Africa Hub,
PMB 5320, Oyo Road,
Ibadan 200001 – Oyo State.
Click here for more Information (PDF)
Application Deadline 12th July, 2019.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the African Development Bank’s Rules and Procedures for the Use of Consultants.
- Interested Consultants may obtain further information at the address above during office hours (8am to 4:30pm, Monday to Friday).
- For enquiries: Ex. 2455, Tel: +234 803 347 6184, + 234 803 978 4421; Email: B.Fregene@cgiar.org ; Skype: (btfregene).