New Vacancy for Senior Security Officer at ACTED
ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
In light of the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Maiduguri to respond to the humanitarian needs. ACTED is therefore looking for qualified candidates to support its mission in Maiduguri in the capacity below:
Job Title: Senior Security Officer
About the Job
- Under the supervision of the ACTED Country Security Manager, the following will be carried out in line with the ACTED SOP’s whilst on duty
Under Department Management/Context & Risk Analysis:
- Act as the Country Security Manager’s back-to-back during leave periods
- Support the Country Security Manager and Country Director on a 24hr basis
- Supervise security officers, static guards, operations room and drivers in all areas of intervention
- Make frequent site visits to mission areas of operations to carry out performance assessments
- Analyse and locate key local stakeholders
- Develop security trend analysis
- Maintain the existing internal incident tracking system and security incident database
- Regularly conduct Security Risk Assessments at LGA and area specific level
- Conduct security assessments on new areas of intervention and new office/guest house’s.
Daily security management:
- Monitor activities to ensure that safety and security policies and procedures are adhered to
- Ensure that all field staff are fully cognizant of prevailing security threats
- Monitor the security preparedness of mission staff and enforce compliance
- Maintain and control the implementation of mitigation measures and security rules as directed
- Ensure compliance with Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS)
- Develop action plans for security upgrades where required and as requested
- Carry out security assessments of new facilities
- Ensure a proper level of preparation before movement in the field.
- As an SSO one will be responsible for the organization and the team, in that regards the SSO will be expected to:
- Play an important role in the Crisis Management Team
- Ensure safety policies and procedures are implemented and in line with best practises
- Ensure that all staff follow security proceedings and safety rules
- Coordinate weekly security briefings on security treats
- Monitor all staff duties in the field and coordinate movements to danger restricted areas
- Ensure all security equipment’s are in place in an event emergency.
Reporting/Developing and Maintaining a Security Network:
- Provide timely updates of all situational and security developments
- Produce real-time incidents report (using Form SEC-03)
- Ensure monthly security reports are completed and sent to the Country Security Manager
- Actively participate in weekly and monthly coordination meetings in the absence of the CSM
- Create an information network in the country, identifying key informants
- Build strong professional relationships with UN agencies, local authorities, other actors.
- A minimum of 3-4 months experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a field related to Humanitarian Work or Risk Management
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English, and local language e.g Hausa, Fulani, Kanuri etc.
- Working experience in MS Office package including hands-on experience/skills & MS Excel Power Point, Word and Outlook.
- Strong report writing skills
- Strong assessment, evaluation, analysis and strategic planning skills
- Willingness to travel to insecure areas
- Previous experience using hand-held VHF radio sets
- Previous experience using satellite communications systems
- Proven inter-personal skills
- Hold a high level of professionalism and have a ‘can-do attitude”
- The ability to operate effectively as an individual and as a team
- Follow instructions in a timely and efficient manner
- Able to meet short deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Contract length: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- Level: D1-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable.
Deadline: 21st June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Interested candidates are also invited to send and address their Cover Letter and an updated CV as a single document (5 pages maximum) in English, Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer and another one from current HR manager/officer must be for the latest employer to the “Recruitment Manager” via: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered (senior security Officer – Maiduguri)
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates? We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.