Recruitment for Graduate Database Assistant at REACH Initiative (ACTED)
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two INGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT).
REACH’s purpose is to promote and facilitate the development of information products that enhance the humanitarian community’s decision making and planning capacity for emergency, reconstruction and development contexts, supporting and working within the framework of the humanitarian reform process.
We are currently looking for qualified candidates in the capacity below to support the REACH Initiative team:
Job Title: REACH Database Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Start Date: Start date: As soon as possible Desirable
- Under the supervision of the REACH GIS Officer, the REACH Database Officer, REACH Database Assistant will be responsible for supporting the development and maintenance of a country/region database for the consolidation of all assessment-related and GIS data in country/region.
- (S) He will also be responsible for supporting data cleaning, updating of REACH database.
Database/Data Entry activities:
- The REACH Database Assistant will support the maintenance of database(s) for the consolidation of all assessment-related and GIS data in country.
- He/she will ensure the capitalization of tools and procedure related databases.
- Data Cleaning and Analysis Support:
- The REACH Database Assistant support data cleaning and provide quality assurance review on all new data sets, and provide both regular and ad hoc data cleaning of data for REACH and partner organizations
- The REACH Database Assistant will contribute towards the identification and implementation of effective and adapted technical solutions and partnerships within the REACH Nigeria mission, in collaboration with the REACH Global team and other REACH Country Missions, and through coordination with relevant partners in other agencies as appropriate
- The REACH Database Assistant will respond to information requests from REACH and its partners.
- In order to support the development of joint database tools and processes with REACH partners in country, the REACH Database Assistant will maintain regular interactions and reporting with key IM partners including cluster lead agencies, UN agencies, NGOs and technical partners.
- He/she will respond to information requests from REACH partners in country related to data and mapping as well as solicit information from partner organizations to be incorporated into database.
- Furthermore, he/she will liaise with these partners to ensure the data is shared with REACH team when required.
Confidentiality and Data Protection:
- The REACH Database Assistant will maintain the strictest confidentiality of data and processes.
- He/she will actively take measures to prevent the unauthorized sharing of information and data
Requirements / Skills
Fluency of English is mandatory;
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information System/Management, or other relevant technical discipline required;
- Min. 1 year professional database management experience, preferably in humanitarian context;
- Experience in database and general computer software (such as Access) a must;
- Knowledge of other analytical software (SPSS, Stata, etc) an asset;
- Good organizational, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to think creatively in terms of tool and process development;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Flexibility and adaptability to ever-changing needs and responsibilities;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements an asset;
- Prior knowledge of the region an asset;
- Ability to work independently required.
- Attention to detail.
- Time management.
Deadline: 17th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Interested candidates are also invited to send a cover letter and an updated CV as a single document (3 pages maximum) in English.
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer and another one from current HR manager/officer must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered (Graduate Database Assistant at REACH Initiative – Maiduguri)CVs will be review on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidate. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- For general information about ACTED, please consult: www.acted.org