Smart Partners Consulting Limited is a leading indigenous HR Consulting Firm in Nigeria located in Lagos with services offered in Recruitment, Outsourcing, Training and HR Consulting. We are a growing firm providing services to top leading companies across the Oil & Gas, IT, Banking Industries and many others using our world class recruiting process with vibrant, talented and passionate team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tailor
- Position patterns of garment parts on fabric, and cut fabric along outlines, using scissors.
- Put in padding and shaping materials.
- Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons, and linings.
- Trim excess material, using scissors.
- Estimate how much a garment will cost to make, based on factors such as time and material requirements.
- Develop, copy, or adapt designs for garments, and design patterns to fit measurements, applying knowledge of garment design, construction, styling, and fabric.
- Fit, alter, repair, and make madetomeasure clothing, according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design, construction, and styling.
- Fit and study garments on customers to determine required alterations.
- Let out or take in seams in suits and other garments to improve fit.
- Maintain garment drape and proportions as alterations are performed.
- Make garment style changes, such as tapering pant legs, narrowing lapels, and adding or removing padding.
- Examine tags on garments to determine alterations that are needed.
- Measure customers, using tape measures, and record measurements.
- Sew buttonholes and attach buttons in order to finish garments.
- Sew garments, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
- Take up or let down hems to shorten or lengthen garment parts such as sleeves.
- Remove stitches from garments to be altered, using rippers or razor blades.
- Assemble garment parts and join parts with basting stitches, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
- Confer with customers to determine types of material and garment styles desired.
- We are looking for a well organized and creative candidate with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, who is able to display a “passion for perfection” and work in a dynamic environment. In addition, the candidate should possess:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Deadline: 28th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using the Job Title as the Subject of mail.