ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Food Distribution (GFD) Team Leader
- In light of the displacement in the north-eastern part of Nigeria, ACTED has set up an office in Monguno to respond to the humanitarian needs
- ACTED is therefore looking for a General Food Distribution Team Lead to support its mission in [Monguno].
About the Job
- The General Food Distribution Team Lead’s primary function is to ensure the quality of the planning, implementation and follow up on all aspects of the Food Distribution activities being implemented by ACTED.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
General Programming & Operations:
- Ensure efficient and Effective program implementation while following the budget and work plan.
- To formulate and implement capacity building plans for field teams and individuals. Provide training to ensure field teams are able to carry out their duties.
- Manage field teams.
- Participate in preparing monthly/quarterly/annual highlights/ reports and proposals and budgets for donors.
- Mobilization of beneficiary communities to maintain the established/rehabilitated/protected Food Distribution Locations.
- Lead the food distribution team in carrying out monitoring and evaluation exercises.
Coordination and Representation:
- Collaborate with relevant Internal and External technical experts on FOOD DISTRIBUTION issues.
- Support the Food Distribution Program Manager by attending FOOD DISTRIBUTION meetings and other relevant technical coordination meetings as needed
- Ensure integration of FOOD DISTRIBUTION activities with other ACTED sectors.
- Coordinate with Food Distribution counterparts in other locations in the implementation of common funded projects.
- Actively participate in internal coordination meeting.
- Develop project plans and budgets for funding
- Develop the projects’ M&E tools
- Project implementation and reporting
- Ensure management of FOOD DISTRIBUTION project grants through budget control.
- Monitor and Evaluate FOOD DISTRIBUTION Projects.
- Ensure quality control during implementation of FOOD DISTRIBUTION activities in accordance to International and National standards.
- Prepare FOOD DISTRIBUTION weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports to relevant authorities as per need.
- Supervise FOOD DISTRIBUTION Assistants.
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership for the FOOD DISTRIBUTION staff members and community based mechanisms in operational areas as needed.
- Develop staff performance measurement and targets for the FOOD DISTRIBUTION assistants and appraise them based on the set targets.
- Conduct daily field visits or as required to ensure FOOD DISTRIBUTION tasks are going on as planned and mentoring – through technical back stopping and training of duty bearers.
Logistics / Finance:
- Support the Senior FOOD DISTRIBUTION Officer and Manager to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-ups.
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movements of staff from and to different operational areas.
- Initiate procurements and ensure their execution.
- Ensure distribution plans are prepared and shared with logistics in a timely manner.
- Contribute to grants management of all FOOD DISTRIBUTION projects through management of day to day project expenditures.
All employees should master ACTED’s core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- Minimum of one year working in humanitarian responses
- University Degree in Economics or any other Social Sciences, preferably with additional training on Food Security and Livelihoods
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Previous working experience in humanitarian assistance program and urban planning an advantage
- Previous working experience in North East Nigeria an advantage
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Prior experience working in IDP displacement locations
- Fluency written and spoken fluency in English and Hausa a must; additional fluency in Kanuri preferred
- Ability to work independently
- Contract length: 3 Months
- Level: D1-1 (national contract)
- Start Date: As soon as possible Desirable.
Deadline: 25th June, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability
- CV will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidate. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.