Vacancy for Plant Engineer at BU Power Limited
BU Power Limited – We are a company established to develop and operate independent power plants. Our focus is meeting the power requirements of our customers in the Health, Educational, Industrial and Commercial Sectors of the Nigerian Economy. We take pride in the fact that our clients enjoy reliable and uninterrupted electricity all year round.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Plant Engineer
- Ensuring that equipment are installed correctly/safely
- Ensure operational readiness of the diesel back up generation
- Gas generator operation
- Shall be responsible for the following equipment: PRU, boilers and pump system, compressors, pipes, gas fitters, valves and any other similar asset required to process gas
- Ensure the availability of the back-up system for every component activity in the Gas Management System
- Shall ensure the integrity of the Gas Processing System and shall conduct periodic checks and tests of its adequate functioning
- Timely preventive maintenance to ensure zero unplanned down time by keeping a record of future service date and ensuring the adequacy of service parts and personnel
- Ensure issues related to power systems are reported and suggest solutions
- Adhere to shift schedules and ensure adequate engine operations records are taken for all equipment while on shift
- Produce monthly reports of use and maintenance and submit to the Plant manager
- Understand the plant distribution system including the switch gear panels, transformers and the medium Voltage Metering System including the DPNL
- Provide overall assistance to other operators in the operation of their core functions and ensure a synergy of the electrical outputs
- To take charge and oversee all electrical works on site
- Studies electrical power systems such as load flow, voltage drop, short circuit studies and relay coordination studies.
- To follow up and ensure the electrical activities on site are according to approved drawings, specification and within the time frame and progress of the approved construction program.
- Knowledge of gas and diesel generation procedure
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems
- Electrical troubleshooting
- Electrical testing and design
- Project management
- Attention to detail
- Showing logical decision making and a hands on approach
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good sense of judgement
- Strong initiative
- Ability to manage priorities
- Communication proficiency
- Ability to manage/resolve compliance related issues
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- Analytical mind
- Confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
- BSc/HND/OND/Trade Test/NCE.
- Must have a degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or at least 5 years work experience in the Power Sector for other fields of Engineering graduate.
Deadline: 30th June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV email@example.com the Job Title as the subject of the mail.