Vacancy for Team Leader at PLANET Nigeria
PLANET is Greece’s leading management and project management consulting company with a strong and extensive presence in Southeast Europe. The company is also increasingly and active in a wider geography.
Since its establishment in 1987, PLANET has been a part of most major interventions, transformations and infrastructure investments, supporting clients across all sectors of the economy and the public sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Sector: Transport / Engineering
Project Title: “11th EDF Support to ECOWAS Commission for Transport Governance in West Africa”
Engagement: 550 working days
Duration: 33 months, estimated to start by October 2019
- The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is the ‘improved sustainability and security of the regional road transport system’. This transport system will be a factor of inclusive development in terms of gender equality, stability and regional integration.
- The project will, on the basis of commitments made at ECOWAS/WAEMU level, increase the freedom of movement of goods and persons, reduce the costs of interstate road transport by improving the governance of road maintenance and modernising the supply chain thanks to the gradual liberalisation of road transport activities in a competitive, regulated framework, excluding any dumping and cartelisation practices and mitigating the social costs associated with the necessary modernisation of the sector
Qualifications and skills:
- A Master’s degree in Transport, Economics, Civil Engineering or Business Administration or equivalent;
- Fluency in English and French. Knowledge of Portuguese is considered an asset;
- Proven track record of professional experience in managing multicultural teams of technical specialists with strong facilitation, leadership and communication skills;
- Good knowledge and professional experience of EU procedures;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office® suite, datasheets and e-mails. Experience in Internet website management or social media is considered an asset.
General professional experience:
- At least 15 years demonstrated experience of which 8 years would have been on project management
Specific professional experience:
- At least management of two similar transport facilitation projects,
- Demonstrated experience in developing countries, ideally in West Africa in the last fifteen years.
- S/he should have experience in procurement of donor-funded projects and be acquainted with regional integration issues;
- Demonstrated experience in defining road transport policies or institutional and regulatory framework and in training;
- Good knowledge of the issues and challenges of the road sector in the West Africa region.
Benefits working with PLANET:
- Offers professional experience in highly competitive international working environment;
- Provides assistance in the social development and economic growth of the beneficiary countries;
- Establishes a long-term relationship with qualified experts;
- Offers highly compensated assignments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: CV to be sent in English languadge and in EuropeAid formatting.