Auto Superintendent Vacancy at IITA, 8th July, 2019
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We invite applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Auto Superintendent
Contract: 3-year renewable contract
Type: National (3-year renewable contract)
Qualification and Experience
- B.ScHND in Mechanical Engineering or related field with minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing similar or related roles.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and organize workload.
- Ability to use all equipment in the workshop and be computer literate with good initiative under minimal supervision.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Supervise the automotive workshop;
- Prepare vehicles for VIO inspection and international permit;
- Customer relation and testing of new drivers;
- Keep records and perform other administrative duties.
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Perform reception of job and fault diagnosis;
- Perform deployment and control of staff;
- Prepare and deliver new vehicles;
- Supervise jobs and quality control (Road test);
- Schedule and deliver jobs;
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 22nd July, 2019
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed cover letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format, The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.