Current Job for Public Health Expert at Kantar Nigeria, 5th July, 2019
Kantar is one of the world’s leading data, insight and consultancy companies. Working together across the whole spectrum of research and consulting disciplines, its specialist brands, employing 30,000 people, provide inspirational insights and business strategies for clients in 100 countries. Kantar is part of WPP and its services are employed by over half of the Fortune Top 500 companies.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Public Health Expert with Community Health, Health System Strengthening, Routine Immunization and/or Polio Eradication Expertise – (Short Term Consultancy)
Opening date: 7th July 2019.
- Kantar is looking to submit a proposal for an upcoming Impact Evaluation of Volunteer Community Mobilizers Network on Polio Eradication in Nigeria. UNICEF supports communication/social mobilization component of polio eradication programme through an established Volunteer Community Mobilizers (VCM) network.
- The VCM network was established to maximize the outcomes of communication efforts by working with the resistant communities., contribute to reduction in the number of children who are missed during Immunization Plus Days IPDs by using targeted house-to-house interventions to generate demand for and acceptance of the oral polio vaccine.
- The focus is on polio high risk states in Northern Nigeria. The program has been implemented for the past five years – 2013-2018.
Purpose of the Job
- The purpose of this evaluation is to generate evidence and systematically/scientifically document the contributions of the network towards polio eradication so far (effectiveness, efficiency and impact), review its capacity (relevance), and working mechanism in coordination with other programmes (sustainability).
- It is also to determine the extent to which UNICEF supporting activities were effective and inform about planning and implementation for the future community-based interventions.
- The evaluation is commissioned for the purpose of Learning and Accountability about what worked very well and what didn’t work and why vis-a-vis the theory of changes and expected results of VCM.
- The engagement will also include an evaluability assessment prior to the impact evaluation.
- We are looking for a Public Health Expert with Community Health, Health Systems Strengthening, Routine Immunization and/or Polio Eradication Expertise that can serve in a Team Leader position on this evaluation.
- She/he will work closely with Evaluation Specialist and other team members in the design and implementation of evaluation.
- She/he will also work closely with UNICEF Nigeria and other key stakeholders.
Our public colleagues provide the evidence needed for successful decision-making in government and the public sector. They have expertise in public policy formulation and evaluation, public opinion and voting intention studies, national statistics and longitudinal studies, plus consulting and advisory services in behavior change, public communications and policy design.
The Team Lead will work closely with the Evaluation Specialist and other team members to:
- Collect qualitative data through key informant interviews and participatory methods.
- Design the evaluability assessment, evaluation approach, develop evaluation instruments and sampling strategy and implement the evaluation activities.
- Proactively engage with UNICEF Nigeria and other relevant stakeholders on the evaluation;
- Proactively work with UNICEF Nigeria to obtain project documents and monitoring data relevant to the evaluation
- Conduct data analysis, data visualization, and reporting;
- Provide timely inputs and quality deliverables.
- Travel to specific states in the country at the request of UNICEF Nigeria and per the requirements of the evaluation design/approach as applicable
- Conduct a review of project documents and relevant literature.
- Knowledge of value for money assessment approaches such as Cost Benefit Analysis, Cost Effectiveness Analysis or Social Return on Investment.
- Ability to communicate effectively as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Experience working with UNICEF Nigeria or other multilaterals, preferred
- Experience in working within the health sector in Nigeria, with regards to knowledge and experience of Routine Immunization, Polio Eradication, Community Health and/or Health Systems Strengthening
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in evaluation work including conducting quantitative and qualitative research (i.e. research design, data collection, analysis, reporting and presentation).
- Strong analytical skills and ability to clearly synthesize and present findings, draw practical conclusions, make recommendations and prepare a well-written report in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of UN role, UN reform process and UN programming at the country level, particularly UNDAF and familiarity and knowledge in the five UNDAF Programming Principles:
- Demonstrated ability to manage high-level relationships with partner organizations and implementing partners.
- Understanding of and commitment to the importance of an ethical approach to research
- Master’s degree in Public Health with at least 10 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent skills managing and manipulating data using Microsoft Excel or SPSS, or Stata and undertaking qualitative analysis using NVivo or other software.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org the subject line as “Public Health Expert – Impact Evaluation of Volunteer Community Mobilizers Network on Polio Eradication in Nigeria”
Application Deadline 15th July, 2019.
- Only applicants meeting the above criteria will be contacted for interviews.
- Privacy Disclosure: Please note that by applying to this opportunity you consent to the personal data you provide to us to be processed and retained by The Kantar Group Limited (“Kantar”). Your details will be kept on our Internal ATS (Applicant Tracking System) for as long as is necessary for the purposes of recruitment, which may include your details being shared with the hiring.