Current Job for Shipping Analyst at Promasidor Nigeria
Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shipping Analyst
Location: Lagos (Head Office)
Reporting to: Manager – Logistics
- To provide the logistics team with up-to-date analysis and reports on the key activities of the department
- HND in any of the Social Sciences, Sciences or Arts (Minimum Qualification).
- 2-3 years experience in any analytical role
- Computer proficiency (excel)
Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Interpersonal Skills
- Check Customs tariff positions and interpret government fiscal policies & amendments.
- Ensure key performance indicators are reported and followed up. Prepare monthly shipping activity reports in line with set targets. Reports include, extra cost schedule, port provision update, container deposit/refunds and claims, analysis on landed cost per container/kg.
- Account reconciliation and follow up on payment invoices for service providers to ensure timely payment by PNG and updated financial records.
- Follow up import delivery schedules, track goods in transit to confirm ETA (rotation number), with special attention on identified critical items.
- Participate in regular effective cross-functional teamwork with other functions and shipping agents to ensure support and commitment to their objectives
- Data collection and advanced analysis on Microsoft excel
- Update and improve process documentation, streamline opportunities, and eliminate non-value-added activities.
- Make useful recommendations for cost savings for more efficient and effective delivery methods, and managing the delivery process to minimize additional costs (i.e. demurrage).
- Ensure all containerized cargoes for PNG are delivered cost effectively, on time and in full.
- Plan monthly stakeholder’s engagement meeting to address major issues in respect to operations – clearing agents/transporters, shipping lines, terminal operators.
- Optimize the activities of third party service providers and report the evaluation of their performance on a chart on a monthly basis.
Deadline: 10th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- When the page open Click “Shipping Analyst” and apply
- Carefully check the description of this job BEFORE applying for it. Our selection process ensures that we do not recruit anyone who does not meet our requirements.
- So, take some time and examine carefully the job description below. Do not apply if you feel your actual profile does not correspond to our requirements. We regularly have new job openings, if this isn’t a job for you, you could come back at a later date to see if there are suitable jobs available.