Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) is an indigenous company established to provide a unique range of services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
We venture into the this industry with the objective of building on existing limited in- country capacity. In view of the enormous opportunities which abound in the Oil and Gas industry in Nigeria and the new findings in other African countries, there is need for more indigenous players to fill the yawning gap by providing competitiveness and quality service delivery to the industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: QA/QC Mechanical Inspector
- Provides quality inspections in regards to welding and welder’s certifications, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and boilers, painting and coating, structural steel, and fabricated materials.
May include but not limited to:
- Assess sub-contractors’ capabilities to meet the quality requirements of the project as required.
- Responsibility for the performance of all inspection and testing activities as defined.
- Assure that the contract obligations for testing and record keeping are adhered to.
- Control calibrated measuring and test equipment used on the project.
- Keep calibration records and ensure that all testing equipment has current calibration records.
- Ensure proper turnover of complete quality control package(s). Responsible for ensuring that turnover documentation is maintained, organized and turned over on schedule.
- Maintain project quality records for the construction phase of the project and quality audit plans, performance and management thereof.
- Perform evaluations of sub-contractors; facilities to determine their capabilities in meeting the quality requirements.
- Conduct periodic Quality Program training for site supervisory personnel.
- All other duties as normally required by our QA/QC Department, and as required by day-to-day business.
- Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy
- Follow oral and written directions
- Work within company policy as outlined.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
- Five (5) years of formal training and experience in heavy industrial projects such as refineries, petro-chemical complexes, power plants, etc.
- Ability to effectively interact with project team members, clients, subcontractors, and craft employees.
- Must be capable of obtaining or possess inspection licenses and/or certifications as required
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
- Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects while carrying tools and equipment
- Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
- See well (naturally or with correction)
- Eye-hand coordination
- Good physical fitness
- Good sense of balance
- Work at great heights
- Works out of a main office or out of a field office at the construction site, monitors the all phases of the construction project, may travel extensively when not assigned to a construction site, usually entails temporary residence away from primary residence, deals with delays, the effects of bad weather, or emergencies at the site. Although the work usually is not considered inherently dangerous, must be careful while performing onsite services.
Job Title: Expeditor/Materials Specialist
- Interface with procurement department personnel, be a team player, communicate with buyers,
- accounting personnel, production control personnel, program offices, engineering and management, as required.
- Capable of communicating with vendors on performance related issues.
- Ability to read and understand purchase order requirements.
- Computer literate in order to compile tracking data and reports on a daily basis.
- Organize and file documents as directed, in accordance with department requirements.
- Solve problems concerning due dates, shipping dates, pricing discrepancies, etc.
- Quick familiarization with materials, yard functions, and company procedures.
- Assists in other areas and accepts duties and responsibilities as directed by supervisor and/or
- department head.
- Monitors processes to attain data base accuracy, bills of material accuracy, drawing management, part listing and material ordering objectives.
- Uses Part Master System to ensure material acquisition, planning, implementation and operation.
- Ensures timely, accurate systems information.
- Develops and manages material and selection to support management goals for production support.
- Accountable for input and retrieval of materials database.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of Part Master Systems, purchasing materials, and
- production scheduling.
- Knowledge of facility products and their manufacturing processes, or the ability to acquire it quickly.
- Ability to effect accurate systems operations and record material/reports.
- Ability to function on a team and to work effectively with division personnel.
Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Compiles and maintains material and parts inventory and status information to expedite movement of material and parts between supplier and Company in order to meet schedules and order
- Must be computer literate with excellent communication skills, self-motivated and work well under
- Minimum of three years’ experience in expediting or any equivalent combination of experience
- which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities in the purchasing or expediting area.
Deadline: 16th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org the “Job title” as the subject of the email.