Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Intern
Location: FCT, Abuja
- Plan International is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively.
- Working in both the development and humanitarian sphere across 18 States in Nigeria delivering life changing services and support. In the next 5 years, Plan International Nigeria aims to Transform Power Relations in Favour of Girls and will not stop until 10 million girls can learn, lead, decide and thrive.
- The position holder is responsible to provide technical support for users; and to manage and administer local IT infrastructure and corporate systems under the direction of the IT Coordinator.
Dimension of Role
- Financial measures or statistics relevant to post such as budget; list of direct and indirect reports
- IT operational plans
- Security and access control for data and network devices.
- Plan and manage CO technical services ensuring adherence to all corporate processes.
- Assist in performing hardware and software installation procedures
- Handle IT related documentation and make sure that all IT supplies are available
- Assist in gathering user requirements and developing appropriate reports for IT professionals
- Provide users with ongoing assistance in their information technology problems
- Provide support in setting up end-user training activities
- Ensure adherence to corporate standards, design and architecture
- Escalates incidents to ITC / global infrastructure support or local external support contracts as appropriate
- Provide support with user IT training needs and highlight these to the ITC.
- Perform software configuration on stand-alone computers and laptops
- Provide support in diagnosing hardware and software issues and troubleshooting activities
- Support with documenting all processes in reference manuals for training and guidance
- Assist in hardware and software inventory management
- Handle periodic maintenance of hardware and software
- Troubleshoot equipment such as printers and scanners and other peripherals
- Take telephone calls from users and attempt to assist them with their information technology questions and problems
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- University Degree or Diploma in Computer studies
- Proven ability and experience in setting up LANs and telecommunications networks
- Experience in supporting and management of LANs
- Experience of Microsoft Server Administration
- Experience in support Windows Operating System
- Embrace Child-centeredness, Child protection, Community participation and partnership
- Networking, sharing information and best practices
- Works collaboratively as a team player, listens actively and values contributions.
- Self-management and personal accountability.
- Manage customer relationships and service
- Capability to communicate ideas and technical information to a non-technical audience
- Promotes high performance by all staff
Deadline: 30th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online