Current Vacancy for Chief Compliance Officer at VoguePay Nigeria
VoguePay is Nigeria’s leading online secure payment processor, offering both individual and business merchants an opportunity to transact seamlessly.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Compliance Officer
Job type: Full time
- We are presently looking for an experienced Chief Compliance Officer to oversee our organization’s compliance related matters while ensuring that our operations and business transactions follow all relevant legal , internal rule, compliance with laws, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures.
- To succeed in this role, the candidate should be a reliable and independent professional who is familiar with risk management and the sector industry’s standards.
- The core goal will be to ensure the organization operates in a legal and ethical manner while meeting business objectives by defining, communicating, training and attesting to corporate policies and procedures, evaluating and measuring the state of compliance across the organization, managing investigations into wrong doing and any other matters that violates regulatory/legal requirements among other core functions.
Qualification and Experience
- B.Sc/BA in Law, Finance, Business Administration or a related field/Post graduate qualification or an MBA,Certified Internal Auditor
- Must have 4 – 10 years work experience.
Job Competencies, Capabilities and Key Skills:
- Proven experience as a Compliance Officer or Compliance Manager,
- Extensive years work experience in consulting firms or reputable financial institutions as a Compliance professional and general familiarity with laws and regulations governing financial companies
- Deep experience and knowledge of legal requirements and controls in AML and KYC in financial institutions.
- Strong understanding of the current regulatory landscape, able to anticipate, changes and implications of regulations on the business to provide timely advice.
- Extensive knowledge of industry regulations, best practices, opportunities and threats.
- Experience in risk management, proven experience implementing risk management methods and security compliance standards, processes and frameworks.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Excellent communicator with resounding confidence to hold conversations on complex topics with internal and external stakeholders through sound reasoning and judgement.
- Strong reputation for integrity and ability to balance business partnership with the need to exercise independent judgment and to raise issues in a timely and constructive manner
- Ability to operate simultaneously as an effective tactical as well as strategic thinker.
- High energy and a desire to work in results- and team-oriented, rapid growth environment
- Exemplary problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Compliance Diploma, Professional certification (e.g. Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)) is a plus
- Good understanding of both regulatory and AML risks associated with the financial sector businesses
To succeed at this role,the following will be expected:
- Defining the necessary level of knowledge on existing and emerging regulatory compliance requirements across the organization.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations and policies.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and periodically revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
- Review and update the compliance policies and procedures in line with existing and new legislation I.e AML policy, fraud policy etc
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future,
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Board and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts
- Ensures proper reporting to regulators, duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required,
- Developing the annual compliance work plan that reflects the organization’s unique characteristics,
- Providing strategic direction to the management team on compliance,while also, assuring and updating the senior management and board on effective and efficient policies in place and ones expected from the organization,
- Updating the Board of material liabilities and violations,
- Develops an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers,
- Organizing Periodic AML training for employees,
- Presenting Periodic compliance reports to the Board,
- Scrutinizing merchants countries in line with provided Sanctioned countries list,
- Execute appropriate practices for monitoring fund and adviser service providers including initial due diligence and sub-adviser oversight,
- Formulate policies and maintain internal compliance control on operations to ensure proper transaction records,
- Maintain relationship with regulatory and government bodies,
- Responsible for other general compliance issues i.e. tax compliance, data protection, among others
- Coordinate with the business and other supporting functions for all incoming or outgoing due diligence requests.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness,
- Coordinating internal compliance review and monitoring activities, including periodic reviews of departments,
- Independently investigating and acting on matters related to compliance,
- Internal Audit on Data and Periodic review of KYC documents,
- Ensuring compliance with adequate KYC, KYB and other relevant due diligence expected from financial service,
- Develop compliance monitoring mechanism to ensure regulatory registrations/licenses are up to date and controls are implemented to meet these regulatory requirements.
Deadline: 24th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: email@example.com using the “Job title” as the subject of the email.