Director – Human Resources Management, CHHR Job Vacancy AfDB
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director – Human Resources Management, CHHR
Location: Abidjan, Cote D’ivoire
Position N°: 50092471
- The Vice-President, Human Resources and Corporate Services will lead the effort to digitalize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resources policies that enhance talent, drive a performance-driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice.
- Under the direction of the President, s/he will drive a new corporate culture that rewards creativity and innovation and attracts and retains a world class workforce into the Bank.
The Hiring Department
- The Human Resources Department is responsible for attracting; developing, motivating, retaining and implementing professional, effective and efficient Human Resources service to the Bank’s various organizational units.
- In order to create a truly transformed HR work-way, the Human Resources department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partners for strategy, client contracting and HR solutions delivery; Center of Expertise/Subject-matter-experts for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent/staff development, training and best practice benchmarking; HR Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This new HR Model delivers a leading-class employee life-cycle experience.
- Operating in a business partnering environment, the Director, Human Resources, supports key business initiatives to recruit and develop talented professionals, grow performance capability, provide best practices in talent management and contribute to higher levels of employee engagement.
- These ensure the building of organizational capabilities for delivering the Bank’s Strategic Business Agenda.
- Reporting to, and partnering with, the Vice-President, Corporate Services and supporting Senior Management, the Director will lead a professional HR team to maintain and drive change throughout the Bank, while leading the delivery of the Bank’s People Strategy. As a key member of the leadership team, the Director, Human Resources will work in a varied generalist role to develop and lead the HR functions across the Bank, ensuring that HR aligns with the Bank’s strategic business objectives. The Human Resources Director will oversee the management of 3 divisions; (i) HR Business Partnership (ii) HR shared services, (iii) HR Center of Expertise.
- The purpose/objective/ of the Human Resources Director is to address all issues/areas related to organizational development, talent sourcing and development, human resources planning, compensation and benefits programs including staff engagement and management effectiveness. All this aims at Client Satisfaction through the HR Business Partnerships and Shared services.
- The job ensures that the Bank’s transformation into an enhanced strategic people focused organization delivering excellent service is achieved
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulate and recommend human resources policies and programmes in line with the Bank’s strategies and priorities, in the different aspects of Human Resources Management, including institutional capacity building; career development; staff mobility; performance management, compensation and benefits management, and employee health and well-being.
- Advise senior management on the vision and strategic framework for the management of its human resources and the supporting policies and practices in order to make the most effective use of Bank staff;
- Drive change management programmes and effective culture changes that are required to ensure the success of the organisation.
- Design and deliver an HR strategy that is aligned with the Bank’s vision, mission, strategic objectives, as well as operations;
- Provide leadership in the development of Bank Group’s human resources policies, rules, regulations, norms and standards; ensuring their successful dissemination across the Bank and alignment to international practice and legal requirements.
- Plan, organise, direct and coordinate the Human Resources Department’s work plan and related resource planning and utilisation; assign projects and programmatic responsibilities; review and evaluate work methods and procedures; engage staff to prevent and/or identify and resolve problems.
- Provide leadership and direction to management in the implementation of institutional and HR reforms by establishing appropriate linkages to the operational strategy of the Bank.
- Manage and supervise HR Managers, supporting them to achieve strategic and operational targets.
- Promote a focused and team based culture, to ensure consistent service across the department.
- Plan, organize, direct and supervise human resources planning, recruitment, placement, performance management, career development, compensation and benefits, and health and well-being of Bank employees, and determine the appropriate organizational structure of the department.
- Ensure that appropriate systems for performance management and development, communications, quality measures, monitoring and review are in place to support organizational change, culture and values.
- At least a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, MBA or related disciplines; A professional qualification in HR management, project management will be an added value
- At least fifteen (15) years of extensive and progressive experience in Human Resource Management, seven (7) years of which should have been at managerial role and/or in supervising a team and coordinating work programs or projects;
- Demonstrable experience executing organizational transformational change and improvement of processes;
- Sound understanding of the business and operational needs with proven capacity to innovate, promote and direct change initiatives in corporate human resource policies and services in large organizations and in a client-centric, business partnering environment;
- Proven experience in HR Management theories and principles, policy and strategy development, employee relations, personnel administration and different functional areas of Human resources;
- Proven record of building and managing teams and creating an enabling environment, including the ability to effectively lead, supervise, mentor and develop and evaluate staff;
- Strong generalist HR experience, especially in; (i) supporting managers and staff in planning and implementing change (ii) employee relations, well-being and work life balance, (ii) people search, attraction, selection and retention, (iii) compensation design, implementation, and management, (iv) equal opportunities and employment policies, (v) management of HR information systems and processes (vii) performance management and assessment, (vi) people planning, career planning, and succession management
- Proven experience in coordinating and implementing HR management theories and principles, policy and strategy development
- Sound analytical skills – ability to build and analyze HR data accuracy including HR approved KPIs
- Proven track record of HR Projects Management
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications and ERP Systems (preferably SAP HR) and e-Recruitment systems and project management software like share point or any similar software.
Deadline: 29th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications).
- In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.