Fresh Jobs at COOPI Cooperazione Internazionale, 26th July, 2019
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
- The position of the Nutrition Officer will be based in Damaturu with daily trips to various LGAs in Yobe state. He/she will be in charge of oversee Blanket Supplementary Feeding program (BSFP), CMAM and IYCF activities in Yobe state.
- The position of nutrition supervisor is a key role within the program, requiring the necessary activities outlined in the job description to be fulfilled. It is expected that the person successful for the role will have the ability to improve and develop the functions of the position within the organization.
- This position also requires that the nutrition officer will link livelihoods support and social protection support to nutrition, food security, IYCF & CMAM and other sectors.
- The Nutrition Officer will be the main reference on the field for the Nutrition activities and contents supervision and definition; he/she will collaborate with the Project Manager to coordinate the team and the activities and directly contribute in the execution of all the tasks linked to the WFP Food Security and Nutrition component when needed.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, and in collaboration with the other collaborators of the programme and of the base, he/she:
- Assist in the management / supervision / monitoring of IYCF (Infant Young Child Feeding) activities;
- Contribute to the development of IYCF messages and IEC material for nutrition campaign, tailored to local needs;
- Develop the tools for the Nutrition surveys to be rolled out at the beginning and end of the project;
- Design, execute and supervise the training addressed to the communities focusing on the Nutrition subjects; train community focal points on key nutrition messages;
- Support the Project Manager with any ad hoc information compilation for donor specific reports and requests from the field.
- Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager and in collaboration with Field Coordinators, and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, she/he will:
- Ensure regular and proper monitoring and reporting of the Nutrition activities. Supervise the implementation of the Nutrition to ensure goals and objectives of the programme are being met. Ensure timely data collection and reporting including producing monthly reports and end of program evaluation report.
- Conduct regular filed monitoring a supervision to distribution sites. Identify issues/problems and solutions in the food distribution sites and catchment population and adequately implement solutions in order to resolve problems. If it is out of the capacity of the job description of the nutrition officer to resolve issues or problems, then clearly and in a timely fashion present issues/problem to the Project Manager for further action.
- Work with the health facility in charges, health staffs and CVs attached to the health facility to identify properly and on time when the beneficiaries who must be transferred from the CMAM to the OTP/TSFP or any major medical site for treatment.
- Work with all programme teams to ensure that information relating to nutrition, COOPI and Our activities is shared widely within communities in which we are working and provide for their participation and feedback in line with relevant guidelines.
- Ensure proper implementation of the active case finding for SAM and MAM programme in accordance with donor agreements including; Community mobilization and sensitization; Beneficiaries registration Staff management; MUAC screening and referral; Procurement of necessary equipment and materials; IYCF promotion.
- Good and continuous communication with the rest of the MoH and COOPI team in order to organize transfers from the different branches of the programme. Assure that the transfers are actually well done.
- Build the capacity of the Nutrition staff, CVs and community members to ensure right beneficiaries are registered in the program, special attention given to malnourished cases and MUAC screening and referral of malnourished cases takes place. In each of the targeted communities, establish a distribution committee.
- Participate in the conduction of nutrition research studies like KAP surveys and SMART surveys, best practice documentation, surveys and campaigns.
- Participate in program strategic planning and roll-out of new program areas in liaison with the other sectors within COOPI and other key stakeholders.
- Improve the provision of quality nutrition education, hygiene and promotion of IYCF practices in the project areas of intervention.
- Participate in the development and use developed activity work plans based on the project annual work plan.
- Enhance integration of nutrition specific with other nutrition sensitive projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health, Nutrition, Nursing or related field. Higher level Degree preferred
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, able to negotiate, influence, give effective feedback, foster teamwork, promote cohesion, bring diverse teams, staff and peer-level colleagues into alignment around work plans and organizational objectives
- Able to manage stress effectively, juggle competing priorities, balance various programmatic, logistic and team needs.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in humanitarian contexts, with at least 1 year in conflict/insecure contexts.
- He/she must have experience in BSFP, CMAM, IYCF and community mobilization.
- Exceptional organization and planning skills.
- Excellent English oral and writing skills – Required
- Hausa – Desirable
- Kanuri (added advantage) – Desirable.
Skills & Experience
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel to villages, remote areas and stay at the field.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to screening sites.
- Capacity to supervise and coach health workers.
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies.
- Proficient in statistical and other software (Microsoft Office package and ENA for SMART.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in English.
- Previous experience with similar position.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Project Management skills
- Team Management
- Knowledge of procedures related to institutional donors (WFP UNICEF and or ECHO)
- Management of stocks, supply chains.
Deadline: 5th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The position of the Human Resources Manager will be based in Maiduguri, Borno State with field visits to COOPI bases in Yobe state (Damaturu, Potiskum and Gashua) and in Borno field locations.
- The HR Manager will closely work with the Head of Mission and the Country Administrator to support COOPI offices in Nigeria to manage, develop and administer policies and programs covering recruitment, wage and salary administration, training, employee relations, and benefits.
- He/She will work closely with the Head of Mission, the Country Administrator and the Program Managers on the recruitment process and the development of plans and strategies to meet organizational requirements and ensure the program policies and practices comply with applicable laws and regulations
- Additionally, he/she will be responsible for recording and updating the training, motivation, and evaluation of employees to meet COOPI Nigeria’s strategic goals and objectives.
- The position of HR Manager is a key role within the mission, requiring the necessary activities outlined in this job description to be fulfilled. It is expected that the person successful for the role will have the ability to improve and develop the functions of this position within the organization.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Under the direct supervision of the Country Administrator, and in collaboration with the other collaborators, he/she:
- Develops and implements the HR Country strategy and ensures alignment with the COOPI Country Strategy.
- Monitors industry salary and benefit levels and movements and recommend adjustments to ensure fair and equitable rewards package that is in line with the COOPI Reward Principles
- Nurtures the relationship with Staff to ensure workplace harmony and peace, as well as effective partnership in the identification of attendant employee issues.
- Monitors the national and local context and labour environment and advise on how COOPI can remain relevant, compliant and competitive.
- Coordinate human resources activities, such as recruitment, compensation, benefits, training, employee relations, and performance management.
- Coordinates the recruitment process, which includes placing adverts, dealing with responses and correspondence, facilitating the short listing and interviewing process; where necessary taking part in the interviews.
- Support COOPI Program Managers in all steps related to the selection process.
- Drafting of all new contracts to be submitted for approval and signature of the Head of Mission.
- Maintain contact with Insurance companies
- Maintain contact with Pension companies
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive, integrated and effective Human Resource Management Framework (systems, policies, procedures and periodic plans) covering: Human Resources Policies, Staff Planning, Recruitment, Selection and Deployment, Performance and Reward Management, Learning & Development, Succession Planning and Employee Consultation; ensures all systems and policies address imperatives and remain aligned with the country office’s strategic direction.
- Drives efforts to build a high performing team of staff with an appreciation of country strategy, programme operations, execution excellence, performance management and people development requirements in forging the emergence of a strong COOPI.
- Confer with management to implement a workforce planning system by identifying future staffing needs, including key competencies to support the attainment of Coordination Office objectives.
- Develops a well-formulated and effective succession planning framework (to include e.g. career growth opportunity identification, as well as the targeted development, mentoring, career counselling at all levels).
- Focal point with FIRS regulations
- Prepare on monthly basis:
- Payroll for staffs
- Invoices for consultants
- Pay slips for staffs
- Pension and PAYE remittance
- Withholding Tax for consultants
- Update the general staff data base for contract durations
- Support COOPI staff in all steps related to annual staff evaluation
- Maintain an updated and organized archive of HR files
- Perform any other action related with the position needed to achieve the objectives of the projects and of COOPI Nigeria if requested by his/her supervisor.
- First Degree in Humanities, Business Administration or Social Sciences. A Master’s Degree in Administration / Human Resources and or a professional HR certification will be an added advantage
- Have good verbal and written communication skills;
- Be approachable, diplomatic and able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Good leadership skills and a team player;
- Possess excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently;
- Be able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Minimum of 3+ years post graduate experience in Human resource management, preferably in an International development organization;
- Sound knowledge of the Nigerian labour law;
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary human resource issues and best practices
- Sound knowledge of local labour laws and ability to understand and interpret legislative and policy issues
- Must be familiar with participatory approach to developing HR Processes and Systems
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Previous experience in Human Resources and familiarity with Nigerian labour law
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills as well as good judgment and vision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound coordination skills and a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
- Demonstrated proactive leadership ability,
- Diplomacy, flexibility, and resourcefulness.
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work effectively in diverse environments and Calmness under pressure
- Respect the importance of confidentiality, as you will be dealing with employees’ personal details
- Must possess the ability to build good working relationships with colleagues at all levels
- Must be fair and objective in handling situations related to employee relations
- Good planning, monitoring and organizing skills and experience
- Results-oriented and ability to work with minimum supervision.
Deadline: 5th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Applications will only be accepted online.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.