Guinness Nigeria Plc Job Vacancy for Brand Manager
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Manager
Ref No: JR1025210
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Worker Type: Regular
Purpose of Role
- The Brand Manager is accountable for Brand Equity, Net Sales Value (NSV) & Contribution after Advertising and Promotion (CAAP) delivery for the assigned brand within the Guinness Nigeria portfolio. The role shapes the future strategic direction for the brands in the portfolio, ensuring sustainable profitable volume growth by exploiting current and new consumer opportunities in the Nigeria market. This role will need to form strong relationships across the Marketing, Commercial and Innovations teams and other functions across the business. The role would also have coaching responsibilities for other Marketing resources in order to grow both functional and leadership capability within the function.
- The Brand Manager has responsibility for Executional Excellence – leading and defining the growth strategies for the brand in Nigeria in line with our ambition for 1-in-3 serves. Fully accountable for the execution of brand plans, the Brand Manager partners and influences an extended network of partners: Global Brand Teams, cross-functional internal teams as well local partner agencies on the delivery and achievement of annual business objectives.
- Creative – thinks outside existing paradigms and nurtures big ideas.
- Inspiring – brings energy and passion to the business and creates mass followership.
- Strategic – strong proven experience creating strategies for growth.
- Insight Driven – curious about consumers and what drives them and can unlock insights to change consumer relationships with brands.
- Relationships – builds strong cross-functional relationships.
- Extensive Consumer Product Goods Experience.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University degree in marketing / business or other related discipline.
- Proven and strong Brand and Trade marketing experience (5-7 years).
- Experience of working on Mainstream Brands & understanding of execution standards required for the value-oriented consumer.
- Prior experience with managing key stakeholders nationally & internationally.
- Extensive experience with Below-the-line (BTL) & Experiential strategy development and implementation working with 3rd party agencies.
- Clear understanding of Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) brand marketing.
- Can demonstrate excellent commercial judgement & acumen.
- Budget & cost control management.
- Drive and project manage the creation of long-term brand strategy and brand plans based on consumer, customer and shopper insight that will set the brand up for transformational growth.
- Lead cross-agency teams and foster new partnerships in developing the brand’s communication approach and execution in an omnichannel environment (on, off & 3rd space).
- Understand and respond to the drivers of your brand performance, working in partnership with the commercial teams to deliver the annual operating plan.
- Kick off and lead the creation of a new or evolved communication platform from start to finish as well as an updated and clear set of brand guidelines to drive enhanced consistency of how the brand shows up in market across all channels and touchpoints.
- Build and run a data strategy that will allow you to unlock powerful insight into the performance of your brand.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online