Job at Young Business Leaders of Nigeria for Chief Executive Officer
Recognizing the significant role that young people can play in helping solve this crisis, YBLN is focused on getting a large mass of young people off the sidelines. We intend to achieve this by improving the skills of unemployed young Nigerians through training, mentoring and connecting them to job opportunities. Our key target is to reduce the rate of youth unemployment by 25% in the year 2020.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- We are searching for a dynamic and experienced leader join our company in the role of Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Chief Executive Officer will work closely with the Board of Directors, serving as managing director of corporate operations and as the main link between the different divisions within the company.
- The ideal candidate for this position should have previous corporate management experience and a proven track record of effective team management and results-driven leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or MBA.
- Ability to understand new issues quickly and make wise decisions.
- Ability to inspire confidence and create trust.
- Ability to work under pressure, plan personal workload effectively and delegate.
- 10-15 years work experience. 5 years must be in Senior Management function.
- Candidates should not be more than 45years by December 2019.
- Experience in a senior management position.
- Have passion for Nigeria and solving her unemployment issues.
- Ability to build consensus and relationships among executives, partners, and the workforce.
- Understanding of human resources and personnel management.
- Experience with corporate governance.
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
- Strong Professionalism Credible with integrity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Good listener will challenge constructively and respond well to feedback
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible
- Provide inspired leadership company wide.
- Make high-level decisions about policy and strategy.
- Work with the executive board to determine values and mission, and plan for short- and long-term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the YBLN.
- Build alliances and partnerships with other organizations.
- Oversee day-to-day operation of the company.
- Work closely with the human resource department to ensure great hiring.
- Report the board of directors and keep them informed.
- Develop and implement operational policies and a strategic plan.
- Act as the primary spokesperson for the company.
- Develop the company’s culture and run with company vision.
- Create an environment that promotes great performance and positive morale.
- Assure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of email as “CEO YBLN”