DeDa Hospital is a leading Nigerian healthcare provision facility with a history of successful health outcomes for our clients. Started Operations in 2012, DeDa hospital is home to an array of experienced healthcare providers and administrators from across the world with a dedication to delivering optimal healthcare service, especially to women, children and families. For over 6 years, DeDa hospital has provided Abuja, Nigeria and the International world with high quality, compassionate healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Matron/Senior Nursing Officer
- Are you a qualified Nurse / Midwife either out in your career or looking for a more senior position? Do you have minimum of 5years experience as a Matron or Senior Nurse / Midwife? Deda Hospital Limited Abuja is offering a multi-versatile role ideal for a senior nurse / midwife , wanting to advance into a unit manager role.
Your role as the Matron will be to oversee and support the nursing Unit in all regulatory standards alongside key duties such as:
- To provide line management and professional leadership for nursing / midwife staff.
- Ensuring patients’ nutritional needs are met and Making sure patients are treated with respect
- Preventing hospital-acquired infection
- Quality assurance and regulatory compliance
- Nursing team management
- Ensuring all mandatory training and inductions are complete
- Completing staff supervisions
- Provide safe processes for the ordering, administration and disposal of drugs
- Report all compliments, comments and complaint
- Supervise and train junior staff and act as a mentor to new staff members
- Promote resident independence and respect their dignity and choices
- Must be responsible in the absence of the Clinical Director
- To ensure patient/client/ involvement in development of services and environmental standards.
- Be visible and accessible to patients, families and carers.
- To provide specialist education and training to other staff
- To ensure compliance with, and develop policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Making sure patients get quality care and Ensure that staff is appropriate to patient needs
- Empowering nurses to take on a wider range of clinical tasks
- Improving hospital cleanliness and Improving wards for patients
- Experience in managing a shift providing leadership to the team ensuring that all care is delivered in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Actively lead, guide and supervise staff working in-house.
- Undertake specific jobs designated to Matron (Ad-hoc duties)
Education and Experience
- B.ScN / RM / RN licensed
- Proven experience in similar role
- Must have experience in ICU, CCU, NICU, EMERGENCY/TRAUMA/OBG & GYNEO, Peadiatrics & Surgical Wards.
- At least 5 years relevant supervisory experience as a Matron in a Hospital
- Must be between 35- 45years old.
Skills & Behaviours:
- Matron will be successful at working in teams
- Passion for Customers / Patients
- Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement
- Effective interpersonal communication and Influencing skills
- Strong business acumen as well as the ability to plan and maintain organisation
- Nursing and Midwifery Council registration and regulation
- Empathy for vulnerable and sick patients
- Passionate about dignity at work.
- Competence across a range of nursing skills supported by professional and clinical knowledge
- Must be someone with Administrative skills
- Must Have leadership and supervisory qualities
- Must be able to manage domestic staff and deal with health and welfare of staff
- Demonstrate principles of accountable practice as a Matron
- Must have a good command of English Language
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in Word or PDF format to: email@example.com using “Matron” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified applicants will be contacted.