Job Vacancy for Senior Associate at SPA. Ajibade & Co
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Associate
- We are seeking a suitably competent, dedicated, intelligent, versatile, detail-oriented and resourceful Senior Associate for our Ibadan office.
- A qualified candidate for this position will have a solid grounding in litigation, arbitration and corporate-commercial transactions.
- The successful candidate will exhibit a high-level of professionalism and a business style that is entrepreneurial, team-oriented, hands-on, and collaborative.
- He/she should also be able to evaluate and balance the needs and priorities of the business when making strategic decisions.
Desired Skills & Experience
- First degree in Law; BL.
- A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with other team members and displaying trust and loyalty.
- Ability to manage assigned tasks in an assertive, efficient and timely manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, demonstrating professionalism in all dealings.
- Able to deal understandingly and appropriately with clients and to show empathy with them.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- 8 – 10 years’ post NYSC generalist experience at least 5 of which must have been at Associate level gained at a reputable and structured law firm.
- Evidence of interest in, and commitment to, the success of the firm.
- Relevant experience within a professional services firm.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal – the role involves liaison with internal and external people at a senior level.
- Must be able to multitask and keep calm under pressure.
- The flexibility to work outside normal office hours as may be required from time-to-time.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to implement legal strategies in a commercial context.
- Sound judgment with ability to balance legal risk and business impact.
- A willingness to be adaptive to the businesses’ changing needs.
- A strong work ethic that reflects a collaborative, adaptable and results-oriented approach.
- Experience in using Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Strategic and commercially aware and be fully familiar with the firm’s current business strategy.
- Proven leadership abilities with track record of effectively delegating work to other team members and supervising the work effectively.
- Successfully managed a project that involves other people in the firm.
- Draw up contracts and other legal documents.
- Research documents and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures.
- Represent clients in Courts where required.
- Work and behave in a professional manner and to the highest standards of the profession.
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct while generating adequate practice income, ensuring that the fees earned sufficiently exceed total costs and expenses incurred.
- Carry out duties given by the partners faithfully and diligently and follow all reasonable instructions.
- Participate in the growth and development of the firm.
- Treat all information about the firm and its client and their business as wholly confidential
- Keep up to date with changes in the law.
- Technically sound across a sufficiently wide area to work without significant supervision.
- Develop and maintain good client relationship skills, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals.
- Provide high quality legal service to all clients.
- Receive requests for legal advice from current and potential clients and deciding on the most appropriate responses to make to these requests
- Offer advice on the law, legal procedures and a wide range of associated issues.
- Attend and represent the firm at client meetings.
- Attract additional business from new and existing clients
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: email@example.com using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.