Latest Recruitment for Lawyer in a Leading Law Firm – Ikoyi Lagos State
Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a leading Law firm in Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lawyer
Job ID: LS/135/GO
Location: Ikoyi Lagos State
Department: Commercial Litigation
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: The CEO
- We are seeking to hire a Commercial Litigation lawyer to manage all issues pertaining to business transactions such as negotiation and preparation of corporate/commercial contracts, negotiating and implementing mergers and acquisitions including restructuring corporate entities, provide advice on a range of commercial matters including the drafting & negotiating of a wide range of commercial agreements, supplier contracts as well as internal & external client terms.
- A Lawyer with 10 year experience capable of providing clients with quality legal services and can assume major challenges on behalf of clients and work diligently with the highest level of professionalism, competence and confidentiality.
- Provide advice on a range of commercial matters including major procurement activities, complex commercial contracts, Joint Ventures, partnerships, and some corporate work.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Law.
- Must have a Minimum of 7-10 years Post Call experience.
- Must be Smart and fast paced legal professional, good with brief writing, research and advocacy.
- Must have a sound judgment and outstanding analytical and contractual skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, initiative, and confidence.
- Must have knowledge and interest in the structure, aims and objectives of an appreciation of its regulatory responsibilities as a publicly funded body.
- In addition, some knowledge of the application of public procurement and competition law to the relevant legal practice areas would be an advantage.
- Advising, drafting and negotiating major commercial agreements, including regulated procurement activities, either alone or as part of a team.
- Conducting and concluding contractual negotiations on behalf of various clients.
- Liaising with lawyers in other parts of Legal or elsewhere in the Group to ensure a coordinated input of legal advice to the client.
- Maintaining effective working relationships with key clients.
- Protecting the company interests, by ensuring all necessary checks and investigations are undertaken (e.g. undertaking all necessary due diligence/disclosure exercises as appropriate).
- Responding to court processes that need a reaction at least 72 hours before deadline so as to enable adequate review before filing
- Advising clients of the legal and business implications of proposed transactions, anticipating legal and contractual concerns and devising strategies to resolve them.
- Providing expert advice on Joint Ventures and other partnership arrangements and be capable of drafting all relevant documentation.
- Ensuring all documentation prepared is error proof, grammatically and in other respect and to this end, at least one other team member must double check prepared processes for accuracy.
- Notifying Clients, subject to supervisor/partner’s approval of every development in cases assigned to team.
- Reading Judgments and decisions in all cases handled by the firm as such decisions are delivered.
- Overseeing and managing product liability litigation caseload and other cases of company-wide significance.
- Developing and executing litigation strategy, manage discovery obligations, manage outside counsel, determine proper case disposition, and monitor litigation budgets expenses.
- Evaluating and managing pre-litigation disputes.
- Advising business units concerning various matters, including product warnings, product use instructions, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Leading or participating in significant internal investigations.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Deadline: 26th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word format) only to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the role “Commercial Litigation Lawyer” as the subject of your email.