Latest Vacancy for Country HR Partner at Baker Hughes – Lagos
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Country HR Partner
Job ID: 3312200
- In this role of country HR Partner for BHGE Global Operations, you will be the first point of contact for People Leaders and employees to provide counsel, coaching and support on HR fundamentals and employee related questions.
- You will execute our key HR initiatives, providing available and responsive internal employee support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
- You will also act as the HR manager of record for a client group of 300 employees.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in related area
- 5 to 8 years HR experience (can include internships)
- Required to travel 20% of the time
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Passionate, employee advocate who wants to make a difference in the organization by helping employees succeed
- Applies solid judgment ensuring integrity, compliance, & confidentiality
- Strong interest in innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Understanding of HR concepts and principles with expertise in a specialty area such as staffing, analytics, facilitation, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills; ability to make independent decisions, manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment- Sound knowledge of local labor laws and government requirements
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational & documentation skills
- Proponent of the segmented HR model, understands the benefits
- Approachable and responsive resource able to connect with employees at all levels
- Desires employee-facing work; willingness to make horizontal moves to develop HR expertise
- Strong customer service focus, with a high level of responsiveness
- Supportive team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment; ability to diffuse a tense situation
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources
- GE HRLP Graduate or graduate of a similar program
- PHR/SPHR certification
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple senior leaders and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple matrixed organizations with acquired businesses, union relations, or global footprints.
- Partner with HR Business Partners and O&TD professionals to execute business-specific HR strategies.
- Ensure that all employee relations issues are properly identified, reported, investigated and resolved
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees to ensure consistent application and integration of policies, procedures and practices at 100% compliance to promote an ethical and compliant work environment
- Lead key HR processes including compensation planning and compliance
- Conduct HR training and support for functional processes like EMS, Session C, Salary Planning, New Employee Orientation and New Manager Assimilation
- Assist with other HR special projects or initiatives as needed- Maintain and protect confidential data with utmost scrutiny, judgment, and careOptional verbiage: – Conduct investigations including gathering, preserving, documenting and analyzing all available information and evidence, and in some circumstances, making recommendations to the business on disciplinary action
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees with specific focus on: employee advocacy/engagement, HR fundamentals and process training, employee relations management, performance management, career development, talent assessment, acquisition and retention and workplace investigations as appropriate
- Provide employees and managers with an available first point of contact for questions and guidance on fundamental HR topics and issues; escalates concerns beyond their scope to HR Business Partners; navigates employees and manager to HR Services when it is the more appropriate resource
- Provide coaching and mentorship to new team members or HR Specialists/Generalists
- Lead other site-wide HR projects as necessary, working across multiple client groups
- Serve as the Human Resources/Employee Resources Team subject matter expert for one HR specialty area (GME, Immigration, Staffing, Payroll/Benefits, etc.) including managing all complex and escalated cases as well as providing training and support to other team members at your site/region (pull to bottom w/ investigations).
- Provide dedicated guidance and coaching to multiple managers and employees within a complex business environment, including supporting multiple employee populations, matrixes, customers, products or initiatives.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online