Latest Vacancy in an Integrated Oil and Gas Firm for Legal Associate
Willers Solutions Limited – Our client, an integrated Oil and Gas firm is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Legal Associate
- Oversee and manage product liability litigation caseload and other cases of company-wide significance
- Offer advice on the law, legal procedures and a wide range of associated issues.
- Attend and represent the firm at client meetings.
- Draw up contracts and other legal documents.
- Research documents and case history to ensure accuracy of advice and procedures.
- Represent clients in Courts where required.
- Work and behave in a professional manner and to the highest standards of the profession.
- Maintain high standards of professional conduct while generating adequate practice income, ensuring that the fees earned sufficiently exceed total costs and expenses incurred.
- Carry out duties given by the partners faithfully and diligently and follow all reasonable instructions.
- Participate in the growth and development of the firm.
- Develop and execute litigation strategy, manage discovery obligations, manage outside counsel, determine proper case disposition, and monitor litigation budgets expenses.
- Evaluate and manage pre-litigation disputes.
- Advise business units concerning various matters, including product warnings, product use instructions, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Lead or participate in significant internal investigations.
- Strategic and commercially aware and be fully familiar with the firm’s current business strategy.
- Technically sound across a sufficiently wide area to work without significant supervision.
- Develop and maintain good client relationship skills, gaining clients’ confidence and that of other professionals.
- Provide high quality legal service to all clients.
- Treat all information about the firm and its client and their business as wholly confidential
- Keep up to date with changes in the law.
- A minimum of LL.B, BL and LL.M .
- Higher qualification will be an added advantage
- Candidate must be a team player, self-motivated and must be proficient in the use of IT Software.
- Must be capable of providing support in the planning and execution of company projects.
- A minimum of fifteen 10 years post NYSC experience in an E&P company with a track record of International and Local Oil & Gas law.
- The ideal candidate must be a seasoned and consummate Lawyer who has gathered experience from different chambers with in-depth knowledge, experience and hand-on in international and Local Oil & Gas contract drafting, vetting, agreements, litigation and arbitration proceeding in an E&P company. He or she must be able to lead, handle and deliver concurrent contracts on the job.
Deadline: 15th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV in MS Word Format to: firstname.lastname@example.org using “Senior Legal Associate” as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be shortlisted.