We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance & Administrative Assistant
Location: Rabat, Morocco
Position N°: 50064577
- The Vice Presidency in charge of Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery is responsible for ensuring the operational relevance, efficiency and effectiveness of the Bank Group’s operational activities and programmes
- The Vice Presidency in charge of Regional Development will ensure that the Bank conducts its activities effectively in all its Regional Member Countries (RMCs) and will oversee the full implementation of all aspects of the Bank’s Regional Directorates .
The Hiring Departement/Country Office
- Within the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex (RDVP), the Bank has five (5) Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery (RDIBD) Directorates, one in each region of Africa: North, South, East, West, and Central. Each Regional Directorate is headed by a Director General (DG) and is staffed with the relevant sectoral functions and administrative capabilities for rapid delivery of services to client countries.
- The Morocco Country Office of the African Development Bank has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- Under the overall authority of the Country manager, the Administrative and Finance Assistant will undertake to implement administrative services including accounting and budgeting, human resources activities and supervision of use of office facilities and resources
- He will carry out effective recording, control and management of Bank resources, the Office’s operational activities in keeping with the Bank’s policies and guidelines. Other specific duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Administrative and Finance Assistant is responsible for the following activities and related services:
Budget Preparation and Implementation:
- Participate in drawing up the administrative budget of the Bank’s Office following the schedule set by the Budget Department while taking into account the particular investment needs of the Office;
- Report periodically on the status of budget implementation and propose possible revisions.
- Establishing procedures and controls to improve efficiency of service and identify cost savings and promote efficient use of Bank resources.
- Advise the management on methods to improve control environment in the Country Office.
- Ensure recording, up-dating and monitoring expenditure in accordance with the Bank’s internal control rules and procedures.
Finance and Accounting:
- Ensure timely payments of all bills for COMA in line with established financial procedures and regulations.
- Produce for review and final approval of the Resident Representative, all the Office monthly financial and budget execution reports.
- Undertake timely preparation and verification of reports, statements and schedules for auditing of the Country Office activities.
- Ensuring proper documentation of payment vouchers and all other supporting documents.
- Process for payment and maintain individual staff mission expenditure; advances and balances.
- Keep and maintain daily updates of all the required Country Office books of accounts, records, inventory and files in order, and all financial transactions captured and entered in SAP.
Human Resources Management:
- Keep all staff records/files up-dated.
- Up-date and submit monthly reports on personnel management.
- Manage office staff benefits in accordance with the Human Resources policy and instructions in force.
General Administration: Institutional Procurement of Goods and Services and Management of Property and Equipment:
- Undertake procurement of goods and services in keeping with the Bank’ rules and procedures.
- Manage the preparation and monitoring of service providers’ contracts.
- Keep stock of office supplies and inventory of Bank property and equipment.
- Management of office vehicles in accordance with the bank’s transport policy and instructions in force.
- Ensure the quality of Bank facilities in Morocco, including workspaces, property and equipment as well as service provision relating to the upkeep, maintenance and security of facilities according to Bank standards.
- Organize, supervise and monitor the activities of administrative staff and ensure appropriate training for the latter in order to obtain quality services.
- Ensure all administrative documents necessary for the proper functioning of the office and staff are obtained from the relevant authorities.
- Proper management and control of office stores and petty cash.
- Ensure administrative support to all the Country Office staff and Bank’s visiting mission as required.
- Ensure that proper filing is undertaken in the Country Office;
- Ensure that proper control mechanism and segregation of duties are in place, and that Bank procedures are fully implemented.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, and/or Finance;
- Membership to an internationally recognized professional accounting body (e.g. CA, CPA, and ACCA) will be considered as an added advantage.
- At least Six (6) years of relevant work experience. Experience in a similar post in a multilateral organization will be considered an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience in administrative; financial accounting and full range of office support work, with a high level of sustained performance.
- Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant computer software and the ability to help organize data and information retrieval systems.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, multicultural environment and to function effectively as a member of various groups.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (SAP, Word, Excel, Access, MS Projects and PowerPoint).
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Job Title: Secretary to the Country Manager
Location: Bureau Pays, Sudan
Position N°: 50083079
- The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions
- Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa, East Africa, and Central Africa.
The Hiring Department/Country Office
- The various country offices fall within one of the five (5) Regions of the Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs
- The Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries
- Under the Directorate General of the Southern Region, the Country Offices of the African Development Bank have been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, governments and other stakeholders, improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Secretary to the Country Manager will work closely with the Country Manager and the Team to provide administrative support
- The incumbent of the position will help the Country Manager and the team to make the best use of his time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the Supervision of the Sudan Country Manager, the Secretary will perform the following:
Work Flow Management:
- Receive and register all incoming and outgoing documents of the Country Office;
- Ensure that documents presented for Country Manager’s signature are complete, exempt of errors, with necessary attachments and background documents;
- Draft general or administrative correspondence on own initiative or on the basis of instructions without error and finalize for the Country Manager’s signature;
- Verify that outgoing correspondence is presented in accordance with the Bank’s accepted formats and check on probable typographical errors, presentation, completeness and procedural accuracy of all documents submitted to the Country Manager’s for clearance, approval or signature;
- Review and classify priority and important correspondences and submit accordingly;
- Follow-up and ensure that target dates and deadlines are met using appropriate tracking tools, and that correspondence and queries are responded to in a timely manner;
- Channel correspondence for action by the Country Manager or send directly to the concerned unit, if necessary.
Communication and Liaison:
- Develop a network with secretariats within the ministries and other partners in order to facilitate and accelerate processing of Bank requests;
- Receive visitors and telephone calls with tact and discretion, and act according to the nature and urgency of each, including redirecting to the concerned offices, as appropriate;
- Screen Country Manager’s calls/visitors, make appointments for visitors to meet the Country Manager’s or the Manager concerned;
- Provide background information to the Country Manager’s for appointments with official visitors and/or staff members;
- Relay information between Country Manager and other staff members of the Country Office;
- Follow up on work deadlines with the Country Manager;
- Schedule weekly team and ad hoc meetings for the Country Manager’s, according to schedules and Country Manager’s agenda for the week;
- Arrange time and venue for meetings, collect necessary background materials of meetings needed from the relevant Country Offices/Divisions; remind the Country Manager and other staff members about scheduled meetings.
Record Keeping and Documentation:
- Maintain a filing system in both hard and soft copies to meet the needs of the Country Office;
- Keep a weekly calendar of activities that shows all meetings to be attended by the Country Manager as well as by other staff members. It also includes all external visits to the Country Offices;
- Obtain briefing and background materials for meetings, seminars, workshops, etc. to be attended by the team’s staff, checking their availability and ensuring they have the appropriate briefing files and documents;
- Maintain Contact address / Mailing Directory of partners working with the Country Office.
- Make travel arrangements for the Country Manager’s including tickets, hotel reservation, etc.;
- Assist in preparation of presentations using PowerPoint and other software packages on own initiative or on the basis of instructions;
- Perform other office administration tasks (photocopies, emails) when the need arises;
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline;
- Training in secretarial Science and/or Administration and Office Management is advantageous;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant and practical experience in administrative and secretarial roles, in similar offices of international Organizations, Development Banks or similar institutions;
- Having private sector experience will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of administration and office support services, including systems and procedures;
- Good coordination skills – methodical and self-organized;
- Demonstrable commitment to delivering excellent customer service focused reception and administration service;
- Good interpersonal, planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to think quickly to respond to immediate requests;
- Flexibility to adapt, positive attitude towards change, and a constructive and creative approach to problem solving;
- Proficiency in the use of standard equipment (computer, fax, scanner, photocopies, etc.);
- Effective communication, problem solving, client orientation, team work and operational effectiveness;
- Good inovative and creative approaches to activities in order to enhance performance and create added benefits for the clients and the organization;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English preferably with a good working knowledge of French;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SAP and/or other integrated document management system).
Deadline: 9th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
- Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level
- The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts
- The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.