At Access Solutions we believe in offering much more than just a job; we strive to give you a full-fledged career. Towards this end we provide you with superior training and the opportunity to work in different industry and service practices on the latest technology platforms.
What we offer you is an accelerated career path that you can yourself design as you go along. We also offer a host of other tangible and intangible benefits that will transform you into a world class techy professional.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor
- Enterprise Risk Assessment
- Advising management of risk areas and solutions and working with management to implement these solutions
- Communicate findings to management and report on audit activities
- Working with the accounting function in the external audit process
- Performance Audits.
- Review of Entity Internal Control System.
- Continuous risk assessment to determine areas of risk and developing work plans to mitigate such risks,
- Determine compliance to policies and procedures,
- Verifying goods receipts and vouching vendor invoices
- Coordinating loss prevention strategies and techniques,
Qualifications, Duties and Responsibilities
- B.Sc or HND in Accounting or Finance
- 2- 3 years working experience in the audit department.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while ensuring quality and exceeding client expectations.
- Ability to apply international audit standards to deliver quality audit report in line with the Organization’s strategy needs/situation.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications
- The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple projects in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ERP
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Understanding of relevant regulatory issues and implementation practices
- Understanding of audit methodology and use of various audit tools to facilitate the audit process.
- Must be versatile and entrepreneurial and will be expected to design a full scale accounting policy and technology strategy from ground zero
- To design and manage audit, control and tax strategy from base zero
- Sound knowledge of Nigerian Tax system
- Strong ethical orientation and long term view.
- Ability to handle successfully and effectively assigned responsibility for specific assignments
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally
- Ability to write strong business report
- Effective people supervision skill; Possess the confidence and ability to influence people; strong physical presence and energy
- Possess excellent inter personal skills; be self-motivated, team spirit
- Possess high level of initiative and emotional intelligence; able to think outside the box
- Sound awareness of emerging issues within and outside department/ organization with the ability to adapt to the changing operating environment of the sector
- Suggest innovative solutions to common departmental problem
- Direct, counsel and instruct audit assistants in the performance of audit assignments and ensure compliance with time schedule.
- Advise management on an ongoing basis, on accounting, reporting, control and compliance issues to prevent costly errors and irregularities.
- Prepare audit reports and submits them for review and submission to the Head of department.
- Express opinions on the adequacy, effectiveness and efficiency of the systems, control procedures in place to achieve established objectives and recommend corrective actions to improve operations, enhance internal control and reduce cost; and
- Proactively liaise with audit clients to help them to better understand risks related to their business area in order to develop strong internal controls.
- Review functions and activities to determine the nature of operations, procedures, and related internal control to achieve established objectives.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills;
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and written proficiency in English;
- Excellent command of the relevant IT tools/ programs and professional standards;
- Negotiation, team building and collaboration skills;
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Evaluate risk management as part of the organizational risk management.
- Plan and conduct risk-based audit of assigned activities and operations relating to the financial, operational and administrative functions of the Organization in a timely manner.
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of established internal controls to prevent and/or detect errors and irregularities and determine compliance / conformance with existing controls, best practices and international standards.
- Determine the adequacy and effectiveness of established internal controls to prevent and/or detect errors and irregularities; design audit procedures and programs; prepare audit planning memoranda for the Manager Clearance and approval.
- Determine the accuracy of financial information and the other disclosures provided.
- Hold exit conference with auditees to discuss audit findings and recommendations.
- Contribute to the development and update of the audit manual.
- Provide technical updates to the audit team on new developments in the audit profession.
- Document audit findings into audit report format as the audit assignment progresses
- Work to issue audit report in timely manner
- Enhances internal control department and the organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Supports the Head, Internal Audit in design and implementation of an effective internal audit plan to review businesses activities around the operations of the Company and ensures timely reporting for management decision making.
- Evaluate the adequacy of the company’s internal control framework in addressing risks and accomplishing the company’s goals and objectives
- Investigation of all frauds and other required cases and reporting on all to the appropriate quarters
- Evaluate audit management report for implementation and ensure accuracy of financial reporting.
- Carrying out monthly audit review of financial statements prepared by accounts
- Partaking in periodic stock taking exercise at all company location
- Perform all assigned audit assignment at financial, operational and administrative processes and systems.
- Assists in and contributes to the development and planning of the Annual Risk Assessment by identifying, assessing, and recommending solutions to key business risks.
- Evaluate comprehensive business processes and transactions to analyze productiveness of controls and risk alleviation.
- Review Internal Control systems within the company, suitable recommendations for Audit findings and drafting of Audit report.
- Knowledge of internal audit methodologies, corporate governance procedures and accounting standards.
- Any other responsibilities assigned to you
Deadline: 31st July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.