West African Academy of Public Health (WAAPH) is a nonstate actor working to improve public health education, practice and programme implementation through high-impact research, teaching, mentoring and practice. This was found to be necessary to increase public health literacy and critical return on investment in the sector across the West African region, especially with the fragile systems in the sub-region, where dearth of manpower to tackle onslaught of diseases like Ebola and Lassa Fever has taken tolls on citizens.
The WAIPH is the newly established innovation-driven organisation that includes (WAAPH) , working in the field of public health to support governments and partners to create dynamic, equitable, integrated, decentralized and participatory health systems within a just and empowered society in the spirit of Universal Access to Health. It works in partnerships with all actors interested in the health and wellbeing of West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NYSC Intern – Public Health
Job type: Full Time
Job field: Public Health/Graduate Jobs/Paid Internship
- This is for recent graduates undergoing the National Youth Service Corp Programme.
- On the basis of this information, completed questionnaire and supporting documentation provided by the applicant, the application is submitted for the approval of the management of the West African Academy of Public Health which is the promoter of the West African Institute of Public Health (WAIPH) , which which will host the interns for the period of the one year internship programme.
- The internship is an incubator for cohorts of young professionals in the health-related development domain
- Are you passionate about how world-class brands are manufactured? Do you want a career that will challenge you both technically whilst developing your leadership and creative abilities? Then a role in P&G’s Manufacturing company in Ibadan plant could be for you.
- At Ibadan Plant we’re looking for a leader who knows how to take charge of business-related challenges and help keep our operation running smoothly. You will join the Ariel Manufacturing Team, initially as a Process Engineer in Utility/Engineering department.
- The role combines innovative leadership with people management and technical development in an advanced lean engineering environment. You will have the opportunity to develop, maintain, improve and implement efficient manufacturing standards in production, Safety, quality, cost, delivery, and employee morale.
- You will lead and develop the Utility/Engineering organization to deliver organization capability and technical mastery, to automate systems, identify technical issues and provide lasting solution to deliver excellent business result.
- We make Ariel which is a P&G brands that touch people’s lives globally. P&G is one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies, with employees from over 140 countries, and operations in approximately 70 countries. Our manufacturing teams are responsible for every aspect of Product Making and Packing and are recognized as an industry leader for developing innovative production systems and technologies. Some of our other brands are Fairy®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Oral-B® and Pampers®
- If Successful, you will work at the P&G Manufacturing plant in Ibadan to fulfil your National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program. The role is on a full-time basis and all tools needed to build your capability will be provided to you
- This role is an excellent and unique opportunity to advance in a challenging career at P&G by demonstrating growing levels of technical and leadership skills. We offer industry leading learning and development opportunities to allow you excel in your career and tackle new challenges daily – expanding your knowledge and expertise across a range of different areas.
What we are looking for?
- Relevant degree
- Leadership qualities: Can demonstrate strong leadership and collaborative skills
- Capacity to engage organizations
- Good communication skills
- A graduate that has a NYSC call-up letter and ready to complete NYSC program Abuja
- Analytical and research skills: Has strong analytical and research skills
We Offer You
- You will receive capacity building and participate in diverse development sector activities
- We offer you a high-performing and stimulating work environment
- You would have a diverse experience working with multi-cultural teams and mentors
- We will offer you an exciting work experience and employee engagement programs
- Your internship will provide opportunity to receive certificate of participation and diplomas
- It comes with monthly internship stipend
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download and fill the “Application Form” below and send with relevant documents to the institute via: email@example.com
Click here to Download the Application Form
Relevant documents include:
- Completed and duly signed questionnaire
- Copy of the original and signed NYSC documents and certificates
- Most recent CV
- Two reference letters
- Soft copy of passport photograph
- Any other relevant information
- Statement of Diversity: The West African Academy of Health is an equal-opportunity employer seeking candidates who recognize that diversity and inclusion are essential to organizational effectiveness and impact and who value the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our employees, grantees, and the people in the communities we serve.
- Please ensure that the subject matter of the application reads “NYSC Internship with WAAPH’S Institute” and addressed to the Director General.
- Applications are accepted on rolling basis.
- Applications can only be processed if the above mention documents are fully complete.
- Please be as detailed as possible. If space is insufficient, please include as separate attachments including the number corresponding to the attachment.