Pivotage Consulting – Our client, a leading FMCG (Detergent) company in Nigeria is seeking to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales and Distribution Lead (Detergents)
Location: Apapa, Lagos
Reports to: CEO.
- To work closely with distributors in winning across the wholesale/semi-wholesale, Off Trade Retail and On-Trade Key Accounts layers of the region towards ensuring product brand availability in On-trade & Off-trade retail outlets.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Must be a graduate (B.Sc./HND in any Discipline. Sales/Marketing experience will be an added advantage) with minimum of 5-8 years Sales experience in the FMCG could be considered.
- Must have good presentation skills, strong numerical skills, basic computer literacy (excel & MS word) are important.
- Must have good communication skills –written and verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Must be healthy and physically fit.
- Must have problem Solving skills
- Must be an experienced driver with valid driver’s license
- Must have commercial expertise gained across field sales/consumer/customer marketing is an added advantage.
- Managing relationships with Key Trade Partners (Distributors, Wholesalers, Off trade Retail and Key On trade accounts) and to deliver territory coverage, distribution and share growth ambition, to deliver sales volume expectation.
- Distribution Management – Build capacity of distributor and wholesalers organizations to deliver sustainable business growth:
- Build profitable relationships with key wholesale and retail accounts within the territory to deliver Detergent Brand OAS – Coverage, Distribution, Visibility, Pricing, etc.
- Effectively manage all Resources deployment within the territory to deliver value growth for the detergent brand.
- Ensure effective customer/ business development and management to counter competitive activities in the territory.
- Ensure and manage appropriate promotional activity in the right outlets.
- Sales Drivers – Ensuring distributor sales support Resources are deployed to gain full return on investment by working with Distributor/Staff, Other Staff/Managers to ensure operational efficiency:
- Ensuring On Time & In Full Payment by credit customers via effective management of cash flow (revenue generation and operating expenditure control)
- Ensuring Regular business review with key distributors and top Customers (on & Off Trade) in coverage area.
- Ensuring on time in full Report renditions as required – Stock count, Promo, Competitive activities, Etc.
- Achieving profitable volume and market share target for the territory by driving sales out for the distributors
Job Title: Commodity Trader (Frozen Fish)
Reports to: General Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- A good University Degree in any relevant discipline
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in trade and sales development in the frozen fish value chain
- Experience in material handling of frozen fish throughout the value-chain of sourcing, warehousing, and distribution/sales etc. will be an added advantage.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Must have high level of integrity with strong work ethic with a positive “can-do” attitude
- Must be a strategic thinker that can prepare market analysis and execute supply/sales plan
- Must have deep understanding of commodity trading and related processes for frozen fish.
- Must have the ability to work with multi-discipline teams.
- Must have strong communication, negotiation and teamwork skills.
- (Please note that the role is 80% field based, hence must be energetic and physically fit).
- Prospecting opportunities for marketing of frozen fish.
- Leveraging on past experience and network to build an effective distributor network strategy.
- Initiating and close high volume sales across the various relevant key market segments and regional hubs.
- Creating product awareness along the various value chain segments, particularly within the informal trading segment with a view to driving sales from increased grassroots demand
- Building effective collaborative relationships with all classes of customers for sustained patronage
- Liaising with relevant members of staff/vendors to ensure all customer orders are properly acknowledged and promptly attended to with a view to achieving excellence in service delivery (Working closely with logistics companies to ensure customer freight is being moved efficiently)
- Develop distributor and retail execution plans across the south-west and beyond
- Lead, develop and inspire teams to drivegrowth and exceed performance targets.
- Monitoring credit sales documents and follow up with clients.
- Initiating sales deals with customers and follow up on regular basis
- Cultivating new sales leads to establish business
- Providing follow-up customer satisfaction with clients as needed
Deadline: 26th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV (MS Word format only) to: email@example.com using the role title “Sales and Distribution Lead” as the subject of application.