Recent Job Vacancies at the Federal Polytechnic, Mubi, July, 2019
The Federal Polytechnic Mubi was established in Yola along with six other Federal Polytechnics by Decree No 33 of 25th July, 1979.The Polytechnic was established primarily to provide full time, part-time courses of instruction and training in technology, applied science, commerce and management and in such other fields of applied learning.
Applications are invited for the position below:
Job Title: Polytechnic Librarian
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Functions & Duties
- The Polytechnic Librarian is a Principal Officer of the Polytechnic and is responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day running of the Polytechnic Library and for formulating overall Library policies.
Qualifications & Experience
The candidate for the Polytechnic Librarian must:
- Possess a good Honours Degree not lower than Second Class Lower Division in Library & Information Science from a recognized Institution of Higher Learning with a Master’s degree in Library Science from recognized institution of learning, plus at least 15 years cognate experience in Polytechnic Library, ten (10) of which must be at the Library management position.
- Give sufficient evidence of continual scholarship and contribution to knowledge through publications in reputable peer reviewed outlets both within and outside the country.
- Be proficient in ICT Packages.
- Enjoy excellent physical and mental health with evidence from a Government Hospital.
- Be a registered member of a recognized relevant professional body i.e. Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN).
- Have occupied the position of a Chief Librarian in an Institution of Higher Learning preferably in a Polytechnic.
- Not be more than 59 years of age at the time of applying for the position.
Tenure of Appointment
The successful candidate shall hold the office for a single tenure of Five (5) years and no more in line with the Extant Law.
Salary And Other Benefits
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the post of a Polytechnic Librarian in the Nigerian Federal Polytechnic and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Fringe benefits include a Pension Scheme in consonance with the Contributory Pension Scheme and appropriate allowances as may be approved from time-to-time by the Federal Government.
Deadline: 2nd September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of applications and detailed CV stating the following:
- Names in full (Surname first).
- Date and Place of Birth.
- Local Government Area.
- State of Origin.
- Nationality and how acquired.
- Marital Status.
- Number and Ages of Children.
- Current contact address with telephone number(s) and e-mail.
- Permanent Home Address, if different from (viii) above.
- Educational Institutions attended (with dates).
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained with dates.
- Membership of relevant Professional Bodies.
- Previous Employment Records including Post, Date and Salary.
- Present Employment Records including Post, Date and Salary.
- Vision for the Polytechnic in the next five (5) years with particular reference to relevant materials, requisition for, and management of Polytechnic Library (not more than 500 words).
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees. (Educational/Employment/Personal)
Applications should be forwarded either by hand or post in a sealed envelope and marked “Post of Polytechnic Librarian” on the top left hand side of the envelope to reach:
The Office of the Registrar,
The Federal Polytechnic,
P.M.B. 35, Mubi,
- Applicants should request their Referees to forward Confidential Reports on them directly to the Registrar’s Office on or before the closing date of this advertisement
- Please, note that late submission of applications will not be entertained and only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.