Recruitment at RTI International for Finance and Administrative Assistant
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach—one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Assistant
Locations: Delta, Sokoto
- The Finance and Administration Assistant is responsible for supporting financial, administration, logistics and procurement of project.
- She/he will support the achievement of project goals in a manner constant with financial principles and maintain functions such as general accounting, financial tasks, and accounting records.
- She/he will coordinate office space for visiting RTI staff/consultants.
- She/he will word process general correspondence, answer phone calls and perform other administrative duties as needed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 years of experience in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong analytical, planning, and forecasting skills
- Proven record in negotiating diplomatically
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and demanding timeframes
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent spoken and written English and local language
- Ability to travel as needed
- Maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically
- Keep and maintain the reception area
- Receive and distribute messages from telephone/email as appropriate, taking clear messages and passing these promptly to the appropriate member of the team using judgment of urgency
- Provide reception duties on behalf of the team, which involves face-to-face contact for visitors in a responsive and courteous manner
- Respond to queries promptly and in a friendly manner
- Collaborate with Managers to ensure systems are in place to support administrative functions of the project Office
- Provide support for implementation of all Administrative Systems.
- Daily Register: Maintain Daily Sign-In and Sign-Out Register for all project Staff
- Transportation System: Collect and file driver logs, driver comment forms, and vehicle maintenance forms; Provide and file the Daily log sheets to the drivers on a monthly basis
- Documentation and Filing System: Maintain hard and soft Filing System to manage in-coming and out-going Faxes and E-mails to maintain accurate and updated subject files for correspondence; maintain a data base of project Contacts and revise as needed.
- Receive and record incoming deliveries of equipment, handing out free documentation, sending and receiving fax messages
- Catalogue and maintain library of technical resources, i.e., manuals, textbooks, story books, etc.
- Provide support for administration needs
- Supports review of Monthly Bank Statements, verify deposits, handle discrepancies and problems
- Supports preparation of Monthly Financial Statements, i.e., Monthly Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Report on Budget Variance
- Supports the design and implementation of Finance Controls as needed
- Supports revision of fixed assets and all other financial documents as needed
- Assist outside auditors at year end including preparation of schedule and invoices; and explain support materials and procedures
- RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program. E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will work in collaboration with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
Deadline: 19th July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit by e-mail only an Application Letter and a CV as one single word document to: Recruitment@ewash.rti.org
- On the subject line of your email you should only put the Job Title and preferred State (no other text should be on this subject line) that you are applying.
- Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply. We offer a highly competitive renumeration. Take note that any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation. For further information about RTI International, please visit our website at www.rti.org
- We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V