Pact is an International NGO with offices throughout the world with a mission to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems and transforming markets into a force for development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Security Consultant
Location: Abuja with travels to the North East
Duration: September, 2019 (with possibility of extension)
- The consultant will be responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing security solutions within the organization.
- The person would advise and report on the security situation in the country including threats and trends that need to be monitored.
- The consultant should be highly sensitive and stay abreast with recent developments within and around the country.
- The Consultant will also be tasked to maintain a vigilant approach to ensure the safety and security of staff and project property always; by providing support to all staff in the areas of security management, security awareness, contingency planning and security emergencies.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Management/Business Administration/Law or any other related course. Security training is a must. A Bachelor Degree and a Post graduate training in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- At least 3 – 5 years’ progressive experience in security administration and management.
- Previous experience in law enforcement is preferred but not required.
- Thorough understanding of donor and Nigerian legal requirements for security functions, including laws applicable and INGOs regulations.
- Strong planning, organizing and analytical skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiently in MS office suite – Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word.
- Ability and willingness to undertake periodic travel to Pact field offices.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide security advisory on Pact focal states to staff on effective physical and procedural security measures.
- Review staff travel schedules and projected travel itineraries to identify potential security and safety-related issues.
- Continuously monitor and analyze the security situation in the country as well as neighboring states to guarantee highest possible protection of staff and physical assets.
- Liaise with local law enforcement, diplomatic/international organizations and private security officers in close consultation with the Country Director to develop and strengthen contacts with local authorities.
- Develop and submit a Security Risk Assessment and Security Tree.
- Report security intelligence, incidents and concerns to the senior management and propose adequate security measurements in case of possible security threats to staff and assets.
- Provide security briefing to all newly arriving staff and visiting staff.
- Constant monitor of the environment with an eye on issuing any security advisory through the Country Director that may affect the safety and security of staff.
- Conduct periodic security awareness briefings for staff.
- Organize security and fire/life safety training and briefing for staff.
- Ensure all security incidences and occurrences are well reported, coordinated and documented.
- Provide weekly security updates to all staff on project sites and country office location.
- Activate emergency response and provide necessary assistance and guidance to staff.
- Weekly security report on project sites and country office location.
- Monthly report on the state of security in the country and state offices.
- Monthly Report on security drills and safety trainings facilitated for staff.
Deadline: 12th August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
- All applications MUST be submitted as a single file in either word format or PDF. Applicants MUST indicate the position applied for on the SUBJECT of the mail (i.e Security Consultant).
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.