Vacancy at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates for Product Specialist
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates is a young and innovative boutique human resources firm, which is focused on offering personalized services to organizations across a diverse range of sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Specialist – Air Compressors, Ingersoll Rand, Non-oil and Gas Industries.
Functional Area: Rotating equipment
Reports To: Directly to Senior Business Manager, Lagos
Indirectly to: Senior RE Manager
Responsible For: Ingersoll Rand Business
Overall Purpose of Job
- To develop Ingersoll Rand (IR) business (Air Compressors, Process Compressors and other IR products) in the non-oil and gas Industries and ensure a robust revenue and steady growth from sale of the products to the end users.
- In-depth product knowledge and working knowledge of areas of application
- Identify application that requires the products
- Follow up leads as a result of the visits and presentations made.
- Make visits and presentations to teams and project engineers identified to showcase the benefits of the product
- Identify potential non-oil and gas companies as to introduce/ adopt product on their project
- Make specific presentations to the identified companies and end users of this product
- Identify and recommend as most appropriate, technical assistance for key customers
- Prospect for and acquire new and financially viable high-volume customers
- Prepare and make effective product presentations to clients.
- Gather new intelligence for the preparation of reports, tenders and presentations that will win the company contracts in on-going and up-coming projects.
- Reconcile customers’ accounts and ensure proper documentation
- Provide regular updates on plans and progress
- Demonstrate consistent business development success and target – driven achievement
- Investigate Total Market value for the IR air compressors in the non-oil and gas sector of the Nigerian market
- Organize exhibition of Ingersoll Rand to the non-oil and gas companies.
- Define strategy for relating with each customer group and create a Customer Relationship Plan per group
- Collate client – specific intelligence and produce weekly reports
- Generate Work orders, Request for Quotation (RFQ) and Purchase Orders (PO)
- Identify application areas on client sites and make appropriate proposal on the benefits and usage of the products.
- Identify key companies/ operators in the non-oil and gas industries to engage
- Make regular customer visits with presentations to showcase products & applications
- Follow up quotations submitted to ensure speedy closeout
- Working with Trading/ marketing companies to position/ showcase our stock product at the open market where we do not have footprints.
- Organise workshops for project engineers, trading companies on our products and their applications
- Position our stock items to these identified markets to support them at a faster rate.
- Effectively manage each customer account to ensure sales targets are fully achieved
- Collate and communicate business intelligence
- Ensure full payment for all supplies and services
- A good University degree in Electrical Engineering
- Proven track record of winning businesses
- Proven account management experience.
- Direct sales and marketing experience into the non-oil and gas sector
- Self-starter and a self-motivator
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Sound computing skills (minimum Microsoft Office).
- Minimum of 4 years hands-on experience as an Air Compressor engineer
- Must have an eye for details and be meticulous
- Intelligence gathering skills
- Good working knowledge of the General industry
- Proven ability to advise clients
Deadline: 30th July, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Title of the role as the subject of the mail.