Vacancy for Database Administrator at Hazon Holdings
Hazon Holdings is a continually growing and leading conglomerate domiciled in Africa. We specialize in raising standards through our synergy of diverse business units. We are core believers in driving people, processes and businesses to attain peak productivity in given fields through steadfastness and ultimate discipline.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
- We are looking for a Professional Database Administrator (DBA) who will keep the database up and running smoothly .
- The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- You should be capable of productive collaboration with the development team to ensure system consistency, provide technical support and identify new requirements.
- 2+ years’ experience of working on a Database Administrator position
- Solid experience with database standards and end user applications
- Solid experience with data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Experience with DBA case tools (front-end or back-end) and third-party tools
- Good knowledge of database design, documentation and coding
- Knowledge of programming languages API
- Strong problem-solving skills, with algorithmic thinking
- BSc degree in Computer Science or other relevant area.
- Create database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialised role
- Construct and implement database in accordance to end user’s information needs and views
- Ensure data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Utilize high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Ensure minimal database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Document database policies, procedures and standards, and ensure they are followed by the team
- Organize tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users.
Deadline: 11th July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.