Brookfield Clinics – and its pioneer Centre for Lifestyle Medicine – is a leading provider of integrated healthcare services to Nigerian and international families and organizations. We are a multidisciplinary, all-inclusive medical and wellness organization established to promote optimal health and wellbeing at individual, family and community levels, through appropriate, evidenced-based and well-timed lifestyle interventions.
We are now recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Medical Doctor
Contract Period: Long-term
Contract tenure: 6-month
Work Schedule: 8am – 5pm (Morning Shift); 5pm – 8am (Night Shift).
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Be able to apply best medical practices in consultation, diagnosis and management of in- and outpatients, in line with established national and global guidelines.
- Be able to assist hospital management by coordinating and providing oversight for relevant healthcare personnel/units.
- Be able to communicate – fluently and efficiently – with patients (and care-givers where appropriate) regarding diagnosis and prescribed treatment/management plan, as well as follow-up to ensure compliance.
- Be able to apply ethical guidelines in disease and patient management, ensuring confidentiality is ALWAYS respected.
Please note that all relevant certificates MUST be available to be tendered upon request. We DO NOT accept temporary or provisional certificates:
- Medical Degree from duly-recognized institution.
- MDCN Certificate of Full Registration.
- Current Annual Practicing Licence for applicable year (2019).
- Post-NYSC Medical Doctor with at least Two (2) years post-graduation experience in clinical/preventive medicine settings.
- (Provide NYSC Certificate of National Service or Exemption Certificate)
Desirable Interests & Competencies:
The strength of any application will be bolstered by verifiable proficiency or interest in the under-listed. However, applicants lacking one, more or all of these will still be considered if they meet the core requirements necessary to satisfactorily perform the advertised role. (Please note: The under-listed DO NOT in any way serve as substitutes to core requirements):
- An appreciable knowledge or interest in Lifestyle Medicine.
- Experience or interest in research.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, as well as good presentation capacity.
- Computer & IT literacy, especially with Electronic Health Records.
- Experience in using Social Media Toolkits for Health Advocacy
- Valid Professional Indemnity Insurance Certificate covering application year (2019).
To be communicated to short-listed applicants at interview stage.
Deadline: Sunday, 21st July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit ONE Application comprising a Cover Letter and a Resume/CV in a single PDF document to: email@example.com with subject heading bearing the post being applied for + SURNAME & INITIALS of applicant (e.g. Medical Doctor/OKORO A.C.),
Alternatively, Interested & qualified applicants can walk into our facility to drop-off at:
Plot 1167, Cadastral Zone B06,
Off Ahmadu Bello Way,
Opposite Mobil Fueling Station,
Mabushi District, Abuja.
- Note that due to the expected high volume of applications, only short-listed applicants will be notified and scheduled for interview.
- All short-listed applicants MUST attend the interview with original or certified-true copies of relevant Degree & Certificates as listed.
- Any applications received after expiration of this timeline will be discarded.
- This document is for advert purposes ONLY and is viable ONLY within the stated timeline.
- A successfully submitted application DOES NOT in any way or form constitute a job offer.
- The decision of the selection committee is final.
- Please ensure you have read through this advert as applications that do not meet required standards will be automatically disqualified. Thank you.
- Please Note: Indicated contract tenure is ONLY applicable upon successful completion and review of a mandatory 6-month training & probationary period. Successful applicants will also receive FULL renumerations during this period.