Vacancy for Operations Supervisor III at Weatherford Nigeria
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 800 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Supervisor III
Location: Port Harcourt, River
Job Family: Operations Management
- Available on a 24-hour call basis while on rotation to respond to customer needs.
- Works closely with Operations Manager and customers to determine equipment requirements for upcoming jobs.
- Supervision, coaching/ mentoring of all FRE staff in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Build and maintain (Asset History Folders) client specific fishing equipment binders.
- Liaise with drilling and completions teams to review the drilling plans and recommend fishing and re-entry designs for steady state and critical drilling and completions operations.
- Participate in well meetings regarding hazard and risk identification
- As required, perform and / or arrange for rig visits to perform audits of Rig Contractor FRE tool compliance and procedures
- Provide the customers with a single point of contact for Weatherford technology and service requirements and queries as it pertains to FRE in Ghana.
- Maintain high levels of service quality by implementation of Weatherford SSA and Global Operation systems and procedures.
- Monitor the department expenses and are within the budgetary allowance.
- Organize personnel days off and vacation schedules to ensure proper personnel coverage.
- Work with the Operations Manager to organize global support personnel as required for specialty jobs.
- Ensure that all field personnel maintain current industry training certificates (BST, H2S, Driver, First Aid, etc.)
- Organize personnel training to ensure competency to Weatherford’s global standard (OEPS and Competency levels)
- Enforce Weatherford QHSE.
- Perform personnel performance evaluation (semi-annually) Personnel disciplinary responsibility.
- Supervise processing of field tickets to ensure a timely submission and accuracy.
- Ensure all FRE jobs are correctly uploaded and approved on WPTS.
- Maintaining an adequate and efficient level of inventory items appropriate to the level of activity
- Ensure that sufficient quantities of equipment and spares are available, identified, serviced and functional
- Assist with the assembly/servicing of all responsible products should the need arise
- Maintain a level of cleanliness and tidiness in the office, shop and yard to promote a positive corporate image and to provide an acceptable workplace for employees
- Working with the Supply Chain Manager, minimize inventory levels and carrying cost by setting realistic and optimum inventory level to manage high demand and low utilisation items based on contractual requirements.
- Where quantity (+/-) discrepancies is identified during either Cycle or Physical stock counts, ensure that you provide the required assistance during the final Route Cause analysis regarding such discrepancies as well as ensure that said findings are reported.
- Review internal paperwork for all region inventory movements to ensure that they are 100% accurate as well as completed in real time.
- Ensure that all inventory control processes are followed in order to reduce inventory stocks and control order quantity of slowing moving items used to appear in ageing inventory list.
- Compile information and prepare reports of inventory balance, prices, and shortages.
- Ensure that you have completed all Business Intelligence Systems (BI) training programs
Asset Management – Coordination:
- Generate improved level of coordination throughout the Region for higher asset utilization.
- Conduct review of asset in repair, ensuring out of service assets are repaired and reclassified within established time frame and put back in service as quickly and efficiently as possible, and all Inventory redress items are always requested in line with company Asset & Inventory processes and procedures.
- Responsible for the in country FRE ASSET counts, ensuring that we achieve over a 95% ACCURACY through correct daily management and labelling of all FRE Assets.
- Ensure that you have completed all Weatherford Business Asset Management System (WBAMS) training programs
- Ensure that all standard business processes enabling consistent application of QHSE standards, leading to a reduced commercial exposure are both implemented and adhered to at all times.
- Recommend measurers to improve methods, performance, and quality of product or service, andsuggest changes in working conditions to increase efficiency and life span of all FRE Assets.
- Analyse and resolve work problems, or assist employees in solving work problems.
- Monitor CAPEX consumption and assist regional BUM’s on CAPEX management.
- Ensure that all Asset policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times for all FRE asset rentals as well as transfer.
Skills & Knowledge:
- QHSE procedural knowledge.
- Competent management skills.
- Good employee interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of relevant computer software.
- Ability to work on own initiative with good communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience in the running of Down Hole Fishing and Intervention tools.
- Comprehensive knowledge of drilling and work-over operations.
- Knowledge of Plug & Abandonment operations.
- Specific knowledge of tools and equipment to be used in Open and Cased Hole Fishing operations,
- Side tracking equipment and techniques.
- A self-motivated individual with the ability to work unsupervised with a strong emphasis on team work.
- Resilient, able to cope in a difficult and harsh working environment
- Being Proactive
- The ability to communicate with peers and supervisors
- Ability to work in a highly safety sensitive environment and complying with both Company and Client safety standards
- Willingness to learn new skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online