Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Coordinator – KFW
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- The purpose of this role is to coordinate the KFW project implementation in line with Plan International Nigeria policies, donor guidelines and international best practices. The role holder ensures implementation is compliant to the Country Strategy and Humanitarian Response Strategy, objectives, outcomes and targets, which constitutes the contractual and project base.
- Also, the role holder ensures the project cycle management is on track and in line with expected expenditure and work plans as well as that the programme activities are following minimum quality standards related to Education interventions.
- Furthermore, the role holder is responsible for timely programmatic and financial progress reporting whilst ensuring donor communications are streamlined to Plan International Nigeria internal regulations.
Dimension of Role
- The project coordinator will support the coordination and implementation of KFW project in Adamawa and Yobe states of Nigeria. S/he will be supported by the Education Programmes Manager, Education specialist, Field Coordinator and Emergency Response Manager.
- The role holder is expected to communicates widely within Plan International Nigeria and relevant stakeholders. The role requires strong interpersonal and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate multifaceted information to all stakeholders.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree a plus (Education preferred, Humanities or social sciences);
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience managing education project in development and emergency contexts
- The candidate must be able to master and manage relationships well and respectfully in regards of different needs with different stakeholders, including conflicting priorities and ad hoc request with demonstrated ability to manage immediate and remote staff members
- The Candidate must possess capacity to stay on top of a variety of work, make clear prioritization and be creative in making use of internal (and external) resources (people/funding) to ensure achievement of envisaged outcomes.
- The candidate creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- The candidate leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- The candidate demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- The Candidate demonstrates excellent cross-cultural communication skills and is fluent in written and spoken English Language as well as possess a working knowledge of Hausa Language
- The candidate demonstrates good working knowledge and skills of Ms excel, Ms word and power-point.
- The candidate possesses Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Education
- The candidate possesses minimum of 8 years’ experience managing education project in development and emergency contexts
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of operations and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Provides good and adequate administrative and logistical support to enable the project meets its agreed financial and program outcomes.
- Actively seeks for support in addressing difficulties in execution of duties.
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
The Project coordinator is expected to:
- Efficiently and effectively manage the KFW project
- Provide pro-active management to the implementation of KFW project in all phases of Project Cycle.
- Pre-assemble and prepare narrative reports and financial updates on expenditures in line with donor and Plan’s requirements, rules and regulations.
- Regularly monitor project programmatic and financial performance, reviews and modifications.
- Ensures regular update of project information and reports on Plan International enterprise resource planning and management information systems
- Facilitate relevant mid-term reviews and evaluations liaising with relevant teams
- Ensure project implementation aligns with donor requirements, Plan international procedures and international best practise.
Deadline: 31st July, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online