Vodacom Nigeria Recruitment for Senior Engineer, July, 2019
Vodacom Business, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Vodacom Group, is a leading pan-African corporate connectivity and telecommunications provider that has brought affordable and reliable connectivity to Africa since 1992. In that time, we have built strong relationships in the sectors that are driving the continent’s economic growth; helping them stay connected across Africa, and to the rest of the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer – IP and BWA Provisioning
- Working within the Network Operations team, this role is responsible for managing provisioning and acceptance process, and use lifecycle of Point to Multipoint (BWA) microwave circuit and point to point microwave radios on the VBN network.
- You will also be responsible for working closely with various Solutions Architect, Sales, Project Management, Engineering, and Customer Service, Finance personnel, also External clients and External Vendors to provision client services on the Access Network.
- You will be responsible for Providing Level 2 support for BWA links within the network, configuring and supporting all network related access devices for the BWA network. You will also provide post-provisioning support to customer over Vodacom’s IP/MPLS network.
- Ensure that all assigned tickets are treated within the stipulated
- Consider supportability and maintainability for every single circuit provisioned on the network.
- Responsible for installation of noncore devices on the Vodacom Network
- Ensure that all provisioned BWA circuit meet Vodacom acceptance
- Provide 2nd level IP support for the Vodacom BWA and IP
What’s important to us?
- We are looking for individuals with proven experience as a Provisioning Engineer with hands-on experience supporting Internet and MPLS/EVPL backbone networks and a high degree of competency in Network Protocols/Services such as BGP, OSPF, IPSEC, HSRP/VRRP, NAT/PAT, SNMP, MPLS, QoS, STP on 10/100/1000/10G Ethernet based networks.
- Also experience at a Senior/ Expert level managing and troubleshooting complex network infrastructure in LAN/WAN environment with expertise in Cisco multi-services routers/switches (3900 | 4500 | 4900 | 7600 | 6500 | Nexus-7K, 5K), Cisco, Fortigate, Mikrotik and Cisco ASA Firewalls is would be a bonus! If all of the above sounds good – apply now!
Our Qualification Requirements
- You must have a degree in Engineering with a minimum of 5 years post NYSC Experience in the Telecoms
- CCNP R&S or SP certificate or higher is a requirement
- ITIL Foundation certificate or higher will be a bonus!
- Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment, which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too.
- Vodacom is committed to making reasonable adjustments for all candidates considered to have a disability during the recruitment assessment process. Should you meet the minimum criteria for the role you are applying to, we will contact you to discuss the reasonable adjustments that you may need.
Deadline: 2nd August, 2019
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a copy of their CV to: email@example.com Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.