We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Advocacy and Communications Assistant
Location: Dutse, Jigawa State
Start date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full Time
Direct Line Manager: Advocacy and Communications Manager, Dutse
- To Support the Advocacy Manager to Implement CDGP’s Advocacy and Communications interventions for CDGP Phase II at Jigawa State
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in organizing sensitization meetings, field visits with the state stakeholders to communicate the details of overall CDGP II programme objectives and activities with a specific focus on nutrition specific social protection.
- Support in the engagement of all relevant MDAs to actively participate in CDGP activities
- Ensure that all programme activities (including meetings, field visits and trainings) at State level are well supported and coordinated
- Work closely with the Advocacy and Communications Manager and Project Manager to undertake/support a range of lobbying, communication and other activities.
- Support the documentation and reporting of the Advocacy and Communications Interventions in Jigawa State
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support in the collection of data and information to be used for case studies.
- Capture, document and share good human interest case studies, programme lessons for wider dissemination to the advocacy and communications manager.
- Support for weekly progress reports on advocacy activities, outcomes, lessons learned, best practices and challenges as related to the project at the state levels
- Undertake additional task as requested by the Line Manager and Technical Supervisor
Internal & External Relationship
- Advocacy and Communications Manager Dutse: Direct report
- Advocacy Manager, Abuja: Technical support
- Project Manager: Collaboration and Coordination
- All relevant MDAs in Jigawa state
- Other partners: CSOs, Media, Local and INGOs
- Diploma/NCE in Mass Communication or any social sciences related discipline with a major in Community Mobilization preferred
- Any training on advocacy and Communications, social protection and Gender and Social Inclusion will be an added advantage
Skills & Experience
- At least 1 year experience in stakeholders engagement in the area of Advocacy and Communications
- Previous experience with other local and international NGOs
- Experience in Nutrition and community-based programmes,
- Experience in social protection and engaging Government
- Should have strong collaboration and networking skills.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Fluency in English and Hausa, spoken and written
- Ability to work in partnership with government and other NGO’s staff
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in photography
- Experience in the International Non- Governmental Organization (INGO) and Humanitarian context
- Previous experience with behaviour change communication programming or mobilization
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger programmes
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN156,995 Per Month
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.