Case Management Officer Job at International Rescue Committee (IRC)
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to people affected by war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Management Officer
Requisition ID: req6282
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Employment Type: Full-Time
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Sector: Women Protection & Empowerment
Open to Expatriates: No
- Under the management of the WPE Manager, The WPE case management Officer will be based in Gwoza.
- She will coordinates with other WPE staff/sectors to ensure survivors needs are met and provide supportive supervision to WPE Case Workers to ensure properly and timely case documentation, services provision and follow up are provided for identified GBV survivors, with the use of GBVIMS incident recorder and be able to make analysis of trends for an informed programing, strengthen prevention activities and decision making.
- Will ensuring that hard copies of all cases documented are kept in a safe and secured cabinet with lock and key
- Provide regular supervision to case workers and make sure that staff correctly document cases in GBVIMS+
- Maintain files on all GBV documented cases and follow-ups in all operational areas.
- Regularly update documentation and maintain database for all documented cases, plan of action and follow-ups visits using the GBVIMS.
- Conduct regular meetings with caseworkers for debriefing and provide support as may be needed.
- Manage Database of documented cases: to include statistics, and all other relevant information.
- Use the GBVIMS Incident Recorder to analyze cases documented for weekly, monthly and quarterly statistics as required by program Manager / Coordinator for internal and donor reporting in a timely manner.
- Participate actively in GBV sub working group at LGA level
- Lead in case conferences sessions at LGA level
- Ensure case workers follow the steps involved in case management, document the action plan and work with survivor to implement plan.
- Follow-up with case workers to ensure developed plans are implemented.
- Ensure case management steps are followed, referrals and documentation are happening in an appropriately and timely manner.
- Actively develop and maintain effective working relationships with case management actors in the field, including government actors, UN agencies, NGOs, and other relevant actors.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports of prevention activities to the Program Manager.
- Update the service mapping as well as ensure that referral pathway at Gwoza level is solidified
- Identify and provide capacity building training for cases management team
Other duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead mentorship and trainings to IRC and other NGOs outreach workers/volunteers to improve their skills and capacity to support and refer survivors to services and adhere to guiding principles
- Adherence to the IRC code of conduct (IRC WAY) that ensures transparency, services and accountability to beneficiaries and reports any abuse of beneficiaries by other IRC staff, including sexual exploitation and abuse in accordance with the IRC reporting procedures.
- Work with the PSS officer to keep information and records of psychosocial activities taking place at the centers to strengthen monitoring of program achievements
- Perform any other duties as required by the supervisor from time to time
- Adherence to the IRC Security Policy.
- Assess gaps on how the referral pathway is functioning through direct follow ups with service providers and make suggestions for improvement to the supervisor.
- Maintain positive coordination and relationships with partner and other IRC sector staff.
- Work with the PSS officer to ensure supplies/resources for counseling spaces, women centers and other program activities are requested on a timely manner and are efficiently utilized.
Key Working Relationships
- Position Reports to: WPE Manager
- Indirect/Technical Reporting:
- Position directly Supervises: Case management assistant
- Key Internal Contacts: Other sector staff,
- Key External Contacts: Community members, school teachers and other NGOs staff
- Must have attained at least University degree in social sciences/biological sciences from a recognized Institution.
- Counseling and training experience, including experience working with women and girls preferred
- Must have worked in the same or similar capacity
Demonstrated Technical Skills:
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect for clients at all times is essential.
- Excellent listening and observation skills, including ability to create trust, support, respect and interact with survivors of all ages, background and diversity
- Demonstrated commitment to women’s empowerment and protection through current/ previous volunteer work in women’s group, girls clubs or other relevant experience is an added advantage
- Ability to facilitate trainings and sessions, including group support activities with women and girls.
- Ability to keep records and write simple and basic reports of activities would be an added advantage.
Demonstrated Managerial/Leadership Competencies:
- Ability to work as a member of a team essential
- Positive and professional attitude, able to organize, maintain composure and prioritize work under pressure, work overtime when necessary and be able to coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate in English, Hausa and local dialects spoken in the location
Computer/Other Tech Requirements:
- Full professional competency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint, is required
- Ability to Travel: 5% of time if applicable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online