The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of Parliament in 1960. This Act depicts that the NRCS is recognized by the Federal Government of Nigeria as a community based Voluntary Aid Society, auxiliary to and complementing the public authorities in the area of humanitarian interventions. The NRCS was recognized by the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) in 1961 and admitted by the International Federation of the Red Cross Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) as the 86th National Society in 1961.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Change Manager/Coordinator
Line Manager: Secretary General
Contract Duration: 12 months (September 1, 2019 – August 31, 2020), with possibility of extension
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- This position is located in Abuja, Nigeria, with frequent travels to Branches throughout the country.
- The Change Manager will be responsible for the following specific tasks:
- Drive the change management approach developed by NRCS and her International Partners
- Propose a detailed change management plan and budget for the period
- Drive implementation of the approved plan as per approved timeframe and budget
- Serve as Focal Point in the coordination mechanisms to ensure continued technical input
- and support from Red Cross Movement partners
- Report to NRCS leadership through the Secretary General on progress against plan
Duties Applicable To All Staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the NRCS goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles and policies.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the Secretary General
- Relevant Postgraduate University degree (Business Administration, Management, Project Management, or related field)
- Experience in the Red Cross Movement will serve as an advantage for this position
- General knowledge of business functions: HR, Finance, Logistics, etc.
- Strong demonstrable skills in leadership and management
- Self-supporting in computers operations and documentation
- Strong demonstrable skills and expertise in developing capacity building and/or training programs and in implementation
- Good skills in training, facilitation and presentations
- Excellent communications skill
- Demonstrable experience working as Manager, either in the private sector or a large NGO/INGO or Administrative function
- Experience in planning and implementation of change management processes, Staff Appraisals and career development plan
- Five years’ experience working on strategy development and implementation.
- Experience building and maintaining strong cooperative and professional relationships
- Experience working with managers of different support units: HR, Finance, Logistics, etc.
- Skills in mentoring and developing of staff
- Fluency in spoken and written English
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Curriculum Vitae with the position applied for as subject of the email to: email@example.com