The Nigerian Stock Exchange, services the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets. The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Human Resource Officer
Department: Human Resource Group
Report to: Chief Executive Officer
Grade: Principal Manager – Deputy General Manager
Estimated Date of Resumption: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- The Nigerian Stock Exchange (The Exchange) serves the largest economy in Africa, and is championing the development of Africa’s financial markets.
- The Exchange offers listing and trading services, licensing services, market data solutions, ancillary technology services, and more. It is an open, professional and vibrant exchange, connecting Nigeria, Africa and the world.
- The Chief Human Resource provides a strategic role in keeping the organization highly competitive, attractive to talent and sustainable for business growth.
- The incumbent will be responsible for shaping the organization’s HR Strategy in key processes such as Talent Acquisition/Management, Compensation & Benefits Management, Organisational Development and Learning & Development to ensure consistency and efficiency.
- They will provide direction, guidance and advice, challenge poor practice. They will be accountable for the establishing and maintaining the required level of competency across the subsidiary HR Teams.
- Support the development and implementation of integrated and effective talent management programmes and processes aligned with on-going needs and goals of the organisation as well as best practices
- Oversee the talent acquisition function across the organization This includes: developing and implementing a recruitment strategy, job posting optimisation, recruitment marketing channel development, job board procurement, digital and non-digital employment marketing and comprehensive recruitment campaign planning
- Develop talent acquisition strategies (related to diversity recruitment, redeployment programme, career mobility, employee referral program and similar Talent Acquisition priorities), understand talent movement and demand in the market and ensure that talent requirements are supported through effective build versus buy initiatives to best meet The Exchange’s talent requirements
- Design and manage Executive Compensation Programmes for The Senior Management of The Exchange
- Develop a consistent Compensation and Benefits philosophy in line with work culture and organisational objectives and ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with relevant legislation (Labour Law, Pension Act, NHF Act, ECA, Personal Income Tax, etc)
- Review programmes, suggest modifications, and ensure achievement of competitive market position and other Compensation and Benefits goals identified by the organisation
- Ensure Compensation and Benefits programs meet best practices, comply with legal requirements, and are cost effective
- Develop Compensation and Benefits programmes and framework needed to position the organisation to successfully achieve its growth strategy
- Use various methods and techniques and make data based decisions on direct financial, indirect financial and nonfinancial Compensations and Benefits programmes
- Evolve the Human Resource Group into a centre of excellence for talent management design and process improvement. Employee Engagement – Develop overall engagement strategy/plan using employee feedback (eg employee surveys, focus groups, etc Lead complex employee relations issues. Responsible for Disciplinary Management – develop and design the policies, process and framework. Coordinate hearings, generate reports and communicate effectively with all key stakeholders. Compensation and Benefits Management:
- Define a fair, equitable and competitive total Compensation and Benefits Management strategy and framework that fits and is aligned to The Exchange’s strategy and business goals and conduct market comparative analysis of Total Cost of Employment and Total Compensation Cost for the workforce
- Research industry trends by completing/participating in Compensation and Benefit surveys Analyse complex Compensation and Benefit information. Forecast trends and assist with future benefits designs. Develop specific recommendations to be presented for Executive Management considerations
- Oversee payroll processes and ensure compliance with all process and legal requirements
- Supervise the management of Health Management Organisation (HMO) providers to ensure all optimal services and value are delivered to stakeholders
- Ensure the strategic value of the Activity Center comprising of a Crèche, Café/Bar and Gym, is preserved.
- Oversee the design and implementation of OD strategy and related projects, such as position descriptions, organisational improvement, resources optimisations, job design/evaluation/pricing, OD/Change Management and compensation analyses
- Supervise OD and change management strategies, processes and interventions that support The Exchange’s desire to be a high performing organisation; to include initiatives which foster a high performance culture, where valuing learning, continuous improvement and diversity are the norm
- Ensure the design and update of the Organisation’s Structure, advising business leaders on the appropriate structure and reporting lines
- Act as a change agent providing the support and mechanism to implement major changes to the operations of the business and provide coaching to leaders and executives on organisational growth
- Provide strategic direction for the design and implementation of Succession & Career Management framework and initiatives in order to foster employee engagement, career fulfillment and sustain business continuity
- Protect the overall integrity of the Human Resource Information System and ensure it delivers value to all stakeholders.
X – Academy:
- Have overall responsibility for the X-Academy function
- Drive innovative strategies for revenue generation
- Provide enabling environment for the X-Academy team to work with business and function leaders at all levels in the organisation, to develop and implement courses and curriculums to meet training needs Where applicable, manage this activity via internal or external providers
- Maintain advisory/consultative relationships with subject-matter experts who can provide input to or deliver on Learning and Development initiatives
- Maintain overall responsibility for the X-Academy budget – preparing, overseeing, managing and tracking spend and revenue generation
- Ensure quality assurance on all information (both internal & external) pertaining to the X-Academy and its programmes
- Learning and Development
- Deploy Learning & Development strategies/framework to keep the organization as a learning organisation
- Ensure the deployment of Knowledge Management Systems/Culture to preserve intellectual property and promote inter-generational knowledge transfer among the workforce
- Partner with the Organisation’s Management team to analyse, develop and implement HR development solutions to support business needs and objectives in consultation with stakeholders
- Design an organisation wide strategy and plans to meet learning and development needs, and manage training delivery, measurement and follow-up as necessary
- Design training courses and programmes necessary to meet training needs, where applicable manage this activity via external providers
- Communicate and collaborate organisation-wide with key stakeholders to improve Human Resource capability and learning resources to deliver best practices, create effective learning solutions and leverage programs and existing resources throughout the organization
- Work with business and function leaders at all levels in the organisation to develop and implement courses and curriculum to meet on-going needs of employee groups based on analysis of needs and ensuring program sustainability over time
- Learning and Development budget – preparation, overseeing, managing and tracking spend and revenue
- Competency Development and Management, and Career Development:
- Design and implement an organisation wide Competency Framework and carry out assessments within adequate and specified timelines. Design, develop and implement corporate and functional/behavioural competency framework aligned with The Exchange strategy
- Design a platform that enables The Exchange to apply various approaches to effective learning and development, including an approach to organisational wide mentoring and coaching – building internal capacity and capabilities Graduate Trainee Programme:
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of The Exchange Graduate Trainee Program (GTP) Oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of the GTP including planning, budgeting, organising, leading, and controlling program activities by liaising with recruitment vendor, faculty members, training facilitators and other stakeholders as required
- Maintain effective relationships with vendors, consultants, etc and Service Level Agreements and ensure compliance with terms of service
- Responsible for the coordination and implementation of The Exchange’s Financial Literacy Programs Policy & SOP Research/Development/ Update
- Responsible for all HR Policies, coordinating and ensuring all HR applicable policies are in place – ie Employee Handbook, Performance Management, Secondment, Benefits in Kind etc
- Undertake Research in subject matter and develop applicable policies as necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
The right candidate should possess:
- HND/ Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the Business related field
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in managing the human resource function. Previous experience in a Group HR role within a holding company will be an added advantage At least minimum 7 years of management/managerial experience
- An MBA or Masters in Human Resource Management would be an added advantage.
- Business Acumen
- Compensation & Benefits Management
- Conflict Management
- Feedback & Coaching
- Resource Management
- High degree of attention to detail
- HR Analytics, Dashboard Management, Strategic and high level data, trend Analysis
- Strong organisation, follow up, analystical, problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work independently on multiple assignments and projects concurrently
- Strong Understanding of HR Processes and data analytics
- Open-minded with the ability to follow instructions and deliver quality results
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in handling sensitive information.
Deadline: 22nd August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.