Consultant II Vacancy at the Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant II: Develop Harmonized Forecast and Quantification and Supply Planning SOP
Job ID: 13-10781
Slot: 3 Openings
Group/Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group)
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Project/Program: A607 – Nigeria Global Fund RSSH
Reports To: Director, PSM
- The overarching aim of the GF Resilient & Sustainable Systems for Health [RSSH] project is to improve the health and well-being of the Nigerian people by identifying and addressing systemic issues affecting the optimal delivery of health services in Nigeria. The resulting high-level interventions have been designed to follow the Global Fund’s framework for [RSSH] that is built on the essential building blocks of WHO for a well-functioning health system, including community systems strengthening (CSS) as another critical component to be addressed in support of RSSH.
- The RSSH grant is designed to strengthen the Nigerian health system across the HIV, TB, and malaria program areas. In doing so it’ll have interventions targeted at the HMIS, PSM & Lab system strengthening areas. There’s also the additional dimension of the innovative “State approach” to be piloted in the three states of Oyo, Kaduna & Imo. The state approach covers elements like public financial management, support for health insurance and health sector coordination among others.
- In line with specific intervention targeted at strengthening Health Logistics Management Information system and data use, the project team is proposing short term technical assistance to support the development of Health Products Logistics Management System SOPs
- The key objective for the short-term technical assistance is developing Harmonized Health Products Logistics Management System SOPs including forecasting and quantification; and supply planning SOP
- Liaise with NPSCMP in collaboration with NACA/NASCP/NMEP, NTBLCP and other stakeholders across ATM programs within the health sector to develop and review Harmonized Health Products Logistics Management System SOPs
- Facilitate residential workshop to review and harmonize the first draft of the SOP
- Design an inbuilt feedback and validation process within the workshop to ensure proper validation of updates and recommendation
- Produce the second draft of the SOPs based on inputs from the workshop and submit to NPSCMP for review with MSH.
- Provide any further recommendation
Period: 5 work days (within the specified timeline)
Estimated level of effort: 5 working days
- Second draft of Health Products Logistics Management System SOPs
- Comprehensive reports of the workshops and adopted communique
- Comprehensive activity report
- Further recommendations if any
Terms and Conditions
The consultancy is for a period of five (5) working days as follows:
- 1-day orientation on the Scope of Work
- 5 days of work on consolidation of reviewed draft of the Health Products Logistics Management System SOPs and presentation of final work.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health or Supply Chain Operations and equivalent is required
- Specific experience with HIV/AIDS, TB and Malaria programs
- S/he must have demonstrable ability to engage multilevel stakeholders
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills
- S/he must have general knowledge on Health Products logistics management system
- S/he must have at least three years of professional experience with health programs, preferably in an international healthcare supply chain management environment
Deadline: 23rd August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online