They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Creative Arts Teacher
Ideal candidate will be required to:
- Plan and prepare an art curriculum to meet the needs and interests of the students
- Develop age-appropriate instructional strategies to achieve the art curriculum goals
- Demonstrate and assist students to use different techniques and media to develop art works aligned to their artistic abilities
- Provide instruction that encourages students to understand and appreciate art
- Encourage students to express their own personalities and thoughts through the creative process
- Assess and evaluate student’s performance on a regular basis
- Prepare progress reports
- Provide feedback to relevant stakeholders about each student’s progress
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is age-appropriate
- Set and maintain acceptable standards of classroom behavior to establish an orderly learning environment
- Show students how to properly use and care for materials, tools and equipment
- Monitor and maintain classroom inventory
- Plan and present art displays
Location: Agidingbi, Lagos
Job Type: Full-time
- We are seeking experienced, passionate and result-oriented music educators who will deliver constructive and informative lesson plans that will engage students ensuring the standards across all year groups are met.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning and preparing lessons in relation to individual pupils’ needs and examination syllabuses.
- Teaching music theory, aural skills and practical techniques to pupils/students.
- Teach music courses to students/pupils including voice, tone, tempo and rhythm skills.
- Develop and foster the appropriate skills and social abilities to enable the optimum development of children, according to age, ability and aptitude.
- Link pupils’ knowledge to earlier learning and develop ways to encourage it further, and challenge and inspire pupils to help them deepen their knowledge and understanding.
- Train, rehearse and lead students in school and community musical programs.
- Conduct music classes according in line with the rules and regulations established by Board of education.
- Develop and maintain an effective music educational program for students.
- Collaborate with school administration/management in setting up an effective musical programs for civic functions and school productions.
- Understand potentials and skills of each student and guide individual student according to their skills.
- Maintain student behavioral standards to ensure productive and disciplined environment during group rehearsals, practices, and performances.
- Candidates must possess a first degree in Music.
- A postgraduate Diploma in Education for non-education degree holders is a big plus.
- A minimum of 3 years (post-Nysc) music teaching experience in a reputable institution.
- Must have taught in a school as a Music Teacher
- Must be able to play atleast 4 (four) musical instrument and majorly a keyboard.
- Must be well versed in Music.
Skills and Proficiencies:
- The prospect must demonstrate:
- Leadership and effective supervision skills
- Performance evaluation skills.
- Passionate & result-oriented.
- Team building skills.
- Determination and perseverance
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal.
- Enthusiasm and commitment.
Deadline: 11th August, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
Click here to apply online