Fresh Job Vacancies in a Plastic Manufacturing Company, Aug., 2019
Sunrose Consulting Limited – Our client, a leading manufacturer of plastic products in Nigeria is currently recruiting for suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the HSE officer will provide support in all Health and Safety functions within the organization.
- She/he will provide support to factory HODs, supervisors and factory staff to develop and execute health and safety plans that ensure that there is a prevalent culture of Health and Safety within the factories and the organisation as a whole.
In addition this role will require him/her to do the following:
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines
- Evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety-management policies that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees
- Enforce policies to establish a culture of health and safety
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Analyzing / monitoring trends regarding incidents, inspections, audits, and corrective measures while also keeping the management team informed.
- Organise regular tool box talks & Lead in-house training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Conduct induction for all visitors, employees at the depot and other outstation and new employees to the Base yard
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Advise on suitable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for employees
- Advise on various areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Revise and update all existing safety policies in line with required safety standards
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities or new prevention measures
- Prepare reports on health and safety awareness, issues and statistics
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum educational standard: HND/ B.Sc and relevant HSE certification
- Minimum Working Experience: 2 Years related experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
The candidate must have proficient knowledge, skills and abilities in the following areas:
- Ability to analyse and solve problems.
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to use Initiative
- Must be Results Driven.
- Must have an investigative mind
- Good Leadership skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Analytical Skills
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Physical Fitness
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
- Reporting to the Administrative Manager, the front desk officer will be the first person clients come in contact with when they come into the organization.
- The front desk officer will be involved in answering telephones, taking messages and transferring calls to appropriate individuals.
Other duties include:
- Greeting and welcoming visitors/customers of the organization warmly.
- Answering telephones and giving information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greeting visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Receive letters, packages etc. and distribute them as appropriate.
- Liaise with sales/account department to generate invoice for corporate customers.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Minimum educational standard: B.Sc/ HND/ OND
- Minimum Working Experience: Prior experience not compulsory.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Attitude:
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good team player.
- Effective verbal, listening and communications skills.
- Attentive to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Very organised.
- Effective written communications skills.
- Good time management skills.
- Good office management skills
- Fast learner.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Ability to demonstrate sound work ethics.
Deadline: 23rd August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.