Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment at Brookstone Property, 2019
Brookstone Property Limited is a full service real estate development company. We specialize in the entire lifecycle of a real estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management.
Applications are invited for:
Title: Development Management Trainee
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Length of Programme: Twelve (12) Months starting in September 2019
- Brookstone Property is currently seeking a talented candidate to work with our Property Development Team. We are offering the successful candidate a twelve (12) month training program at our office in Nigeria.
- The Development Management trainee will work closely with the Development Manager, Construction Team, Finance/Accounts teams and other external stakeholders such as agents, attorneys, property owners, and equity partners. The expectation is for the Development trainee to work closely with the teams and to play a crucial role in the day to day management of Brookstone’s development portfolio.
- This is an excellent opportunity to put the candidate on the track to be a real estate professional and to work on a wide range of projects in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- As an employee of Brookstone Property, you will actively contribute to the analysis, development and delivery of our real estate expansion projects. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lies with our people. We support our employee’s personal and professional growth and promote a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance.
- B.Sc in Finance/Accounting/Economics or Estate Management from a reputable university
- Must have completed NYSC
- 0 – 2 years experience
- Interest and/ or experience in real estate
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to produce quality work in a consistent manner.
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Adaptability to changing demands.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while under pressure.
- Ability to interact with co-workers, contractors, tenants, and/or vendors in an articulate, courteous, and business-like manner at all times.
- Results orientated.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently or to work as part of a team.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel (including creating models), Word and Power Point.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Development Manager and the Development Director to acquire, develop, and manage commercial real estate development opportunities and perform tasks to support these endeavors
- Participate in all phases of complex developments including underwriting, internal
- investment approval, due diligence, financing, closing, development, and management
- Work with other development team members to prepare presentation materials for senior management, investors, JV partners, lenders, planning authorities, etc.
- Interact with senior management on a daily basis to drive decisions which affect ongoing projects
- Perform analyses by creating financial models and make recommendations to senior management based on these analyses
- Interact with multiple teams including the Property Management Team, Leasing Team,
- Finance Team, and the Legal Team to drive the progress of a project.
- Prepare budget models, investor memorandums and tenant leasing documents
- Assist with land acquisition including site visits, due diligence, liaising with agents and
- owners, preliminary financial analyses and securing anchor tenants
- Participation in design meetings with the architects, engineers and project team members
- Assist with negotiation of project legal documents, contracts, leases, etc.
- Participation in marketing/leasing strategy sessions.
- Attendance at Property Team meetings.
- Participation in negotiating meetings with the contractors/consultants, vendors, tenants, etc.
- Possibility of accommodation provided
- Transport to and from the office
- Monthly Expense Allowance of N50,000
- Upon completion of the program and based on performance, the candidate may be offered permanent employment and promotion.
Deadline: 16th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.