HSE Officer Job Vacancy at Montana Industries Nigeria Limited
Montana Industries Nigeria Limited, is a well managed chemicals distribution company and a major player in the procurement, distribution and marketing of construction chemicals.
We need a suitable and qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
- Provide support to factory HODs, supervisors and factory staff to develop and execute health and safety plans that ensure that there is a prevalent culture of Health and Safety within the factories and the organisation as a whole.
- Evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety-management policies that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Assist in Health and Safety audits, produce audit reports and follow up on actions generated for prompt resolutions.
- Review and record checks on all fire exits, fire and fire equipment, and fire signs.
- Review relevant safety signage within the facility.
- Advise on suitable Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for employees
- Advise on various areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law
- Analyzing / monitoring trends regarding incidents, inspections, audits, and corrective measures while also keeping the management team informed.
- Organise regular tool box talks & Lead in-house training and presentations for health and safety matters and accident prevention
- Conduct induction for all visitors, employees at the depot and other outstation and new employees to the Base yard
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum educational standard: HND/ B.Sc and relevant HSE certification
- Minimum Working Experience: 2 Years related experience.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Must be Results Driven.
- Must have an investigative mind
- Good Leadership skills
- Deep understanding of legal health and safety guidelines
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and observation ability
- Must live around Ota.
Deadline: 30th August, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.