Job Vacancies at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – Spain, Aug., 2019
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance/ Human Resource Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Report to: Project Administration Manager
Working hours: 48 Hours Per week
Main Objective of the Position
- Execute administrative and finance tasks and do follow up of project accountancy, according to administration Manager’s indications and MSF procedures, in order to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources.
- Desirable finance, business or administration related diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two (2) years in relevant jobs.
- Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs in developing countries.
- Local language essential ( Hausa) Mission language (English)
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, Stress Management, service
- Capacity to work as a team, respectful and good working attitude
- Sensitive and respectful of religious and cultural differences
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
- Execute administrative and legal related tasks, under supervision of the Administrator Manager, checking payroll calculations and updating personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Implement cash management procedures in order to ensure the highest control and security, and ensure cash availability.
- Prepare employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Enter data into the HR database and personal files and keep them up-to-date in order to facilitate HR processes management.
- Update Social security & Tax office employee files and documents in order to meet legal requirements and duties.
- Draw up monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Draw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests.
- Follow up all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Carry out all accounting tasks and activities in order to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- File the accounting documents and enter the accounting pieces in the accounting software, with the support from the Administration Manager and/or the Accounting Manager (ACMA).
- Follow up accommodation and movement plan to the projects and ensure all staffs are well information.
- Daily Supervision of the cleaners and cook.
- Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
- Basic salary: 303,781 NGN.
Deadline: Thursday 17:00; 5th September, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a CV and Motivation Letter and copies of credentials either by email to: email@example.com (Email subject should be Finance/ Human Resource Assistant: Maiduguri)
In person at
MSF Spain Office,
Old International Primary School Line NTA/Circular Road Junction
By Damboa Road,
Maiduguri- Borno State.
(Write the position for which you are applying on the envelope)
- Only short-listed applicants are contacted.
- Applications are non-returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF encourages woman and people with disability status to apply.
- MSF is a civil society initiative that brings together individuals committed to the assistance of other human beings in crisis. As such MSF is by choice an association.
- Each individual working with MSF does it out of conviction and is ready to uphold the values and principles of MSF.